non-chloriated brake clean in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be cleaning my evaporator core on my car this weekend, but when I go to Crappy tire and such.. there brake cleaner doesn't state if it's got chlorine in it or not.. help

I picked up a can of the non-chlorinated CRC stuff last time I bought it, and apparently it is less harsh on some materials like plastics. However, it appears that it is much more flammable and possibly toxic (the back of the can says not for sale in California and for professional use only- statements absent on the regular stuff). So I would guess that means it is better (typically with these kinds of cleaners/solvents, the more toxic/dangerous, the more effective), as long as you don't live in California (the nanny state of all nanny states....).

Try using it in your garage, even a big one (4-5 bays), and leave for over an hour. When you come back you'll know why you would have rather bought the non-chlorinated stuff. I think the chlorinated stuff is worse for you (I could be wrong). It's no more effective. It is, typically, cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back