SeaFoam Deep Creep for cleaning 5.3 TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Deep Creep on my Maxima's TB, and it did a very good job. Also sprayed it liberally through the intake. The car sputtered when cranked the first time (just like any carb/TB cleaner does), but the idle soon smoothed out. All in all, it performed just like the STP TB cleaner I normally use for this application. I have used several cans of it the same way one uses regular Sea Foam to clean the rest of my engine (through a vacuum line while engine running). Much more convenient to spray Sea Foam from an aerosol can into a hose than mess with a jar. Does as good a job as far as I can tell. The smoke show is worth the $5.00/can or so. And the car definitely runs smoother afterwards. Of course, YMMV.

Just a word of caution when cleaning your TB. Some TB's (Nissans for example) have a coating on them to help prevent carbon buildup. A normal Carb Cleaner can strip this coating off. TB Cleaners are supposed to be specifically made to prevent this. This is according to my Nissan FSM, so I'm not sure about your truck. I have found Deep Creep to be more "gentle" than most carb cleaners.

Dave

I've used both recently, B12 seems to work better on gum and varnish, but Seafoam may more friendly to everything in the intake system. Neither cleans carbon on EGR valves that well, so I'm looking for some other products to complement them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back