Any information on Boeshield T-9? (how about vs. CRC 6-56 and Mobil 1 spray?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

Is anyone familiar with the Boeshield T-9 spray?
http://boeshield.com/index.htm

I am needing something to spray down the engine on my Ultra 150 jetski. Chances are I will spray down everything and just because of proximity it will get on rubber and plastic along with wiring, etc. Some people use WD-40 but they are just dumb. A lot of guys also use Silicone sprays but they say that the silicone sprays damage rubber parts? So I am looking at either CRC Marine 6-56, Boeshield T-9, or the Mobil 1 synthetic spray.I also have AeroKroil. But like I said some of this stuff i'm afraid to spray on anything that isn't ALL metal.

At this point I am leaning towards the T-9. The CRC is my second choice. I'm not sure if the Mobil is safe for plastics, rubber, etc. The Boeshield seems to be the MOST safe.

Please if you have any information on the Boeshield T-9 please share it. If you know anything about using the Mobil 1, CRC 6-56 marine, or using a silicone spray please share also.

Thanks for any help guys

-seth

[ September 29, 2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Seth_TJ ]

quote:

Originally posted by tom slick:
i read a report on rust preventers for wood working equipment . T-9 was much better than any others that were tested.

Thanks for the input Tom. I know that the Mobil 1 spray lube or a silicone spray would work alright probably, same the the CRC 6-56 Marine spray. (the CRC is a top choice actually) but i'm more concerned about compatibility with the wide assortment of materials found inside my hull. I guess i'm going to go with the Boeshield. They make a good case on the website about material compatibility.

The Mobil 1 spray, Aerokroil, silicone sprays... I just don't know

thanks again

seth

Boeshield works well and leaves a waxy like coating over anything you spray it with. I prefer Corrosionx. In my experience, I works better, and is much more versatile. It’s the best gun oil I’ve ever used, best long term metal protector, best battery terminal corrosion preventor, etc…I’ve ever used. Just as an FYI, Boeshield and CorrosionX are direct competitors in the aerospace corrosion protection business.

I've been trying birchwood-casey "sheath" it leaves a very thin slick layer on whatever you spray it on. it claims it is safe on all surfaces. it can be found in the gun section at wal-mart.
have you called a shop that specializes in salt water boats to see what they recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back