Schaeffer's Citrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Friday I received a can of Schaeffer's Citrol from Tim. The can says " Smells like oranges and cleans like crazy".

Well I used it on my A/C evap and condenser coils. Really did a job on the mold and dirt that forms. One application and a rinse did the trick.

My old coil cleaner usually took several applications.

The house smells faintly of oranges now.

[ June 23, 2003, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Neil Womack ]

Simple Green has done a real good job on my engine also. I think I can post that.

Yep, Neil, I myself use it and just did last week on my A/c coils in my house. Neat thing, you can use in on Ring Around The Colar on your shirts, Crayons in kids clothes, Grease off engines, clean the bad spot in a carpet stain at the house or in the car, and try this... Take a Permanent Magic Marker, and remove that off of something such as a marker board or off your hands. Another thing is we have many people who pump diesel fuel and get that on their hands and cant get the smell of fuel off, pull out the Citrol and the fuel is gone. Simple as that. Another thing I like it for, to remove glue like from bumper stickers and such. Also have a client that makes boxes, and they have glue pots which house hot glue. At the end of the day, it would take a good half hour to remove the glue out of the pot but now with citrol, they spray it on there and with the hot spray gun of water, it washes right off.

It is one of the more diverse cleaners I've ever used and to have something that wont choke you and smells good. Just a big bonus.

I just recieved my order from Tim yesterday: gallon of Neutra, 2 tubes of #238 grease, and ...2 cans of Citrol. I plan on degreasing all the zerk fitting areas as a cheaper grease was used and its splattered all over. I just went out to do a couple of spot tests. Sprayed it on and then went to get an old toothbrush for scrubbing. When I started, the small grease blobs just melted away. The buildup on the front skid plate had some layers of dried oil and dirt caked on. I had to scrape some off w/ a putty knife (Simple Green/toothbrush didn't work too well). The Citrol and t-brush cut right through! Bob is right...this stuff is amazing!

Told Ya!
cheers.gif

I just bought some citrol, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I hope it works as well as everyone says. Castrol engine degreaser works OK, but the acid in it, eats my skin off, and burns my eyes.
banghead.gif

Works great on removing the glue from vinyl lettering also. I sell alot of sign companies citrol and they love it.
fruit.gif

cheers.gif
Bob, I am giving your name and number to a sign company that i have here, so he can give to a friend of his in Fla. My guy sent him a can and he also loves it. This friend is a vinyl sign supplier in Florida. He wants to resell it to his customers
fruit.gif

One of my heathens, spilled an entire bottle of nail polish on my carpet this evening. My wife spent a half an hour, and a whole bottle of nail polish remover trying to remove it with no avail. She then decided to tell me about it. 5 minutes and a few squirts of citrol, and it is all gone!!!!!!! That stuff is awesome!!!!!!
grin.gif
cheers.gif
bowdown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jrc2905:
OK, where can you buy this stuff?

Schaeffer Site Sponsor

This link is to a site sponsor that supplies the Schaeffers products.

His site is very confusing. ? ? I don't know if he is saying he will sell individual cans of Citrol, or what his minimum order amount is ($45?), or if there is a two-case minimum for motor oils ($90?).

The site needs some work.
There was a previous site sponsor, and they didn't have a site, so maybe this will be better, eventually. I guess you will have to call.
I used Citrol last night, in fact, to clean a clogged spray nozzle from a can of 3M #77 spray adhesive, remembering that Bob had above related that one of his customers cleans glue pots with it. Yep, soaked it right back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back