Mobil 1 Synthetic Spray Lubricant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ssmokn:
[QB]I also use and like the Mobil 1 spray lube.

So is the mobil 1 spray lube thin like WD-40? Or is it more like a grease. I have never seen the stuff anywhere.

Of coarse I have used the Amsoil MP alot, and it is significantly better than WD-40, but most folks can't get past the price!! Since it is Almost double what you can buy WD-40.

Best thing that I use WD-40 for is a cutting oil on Aluminmum when finishing work on a milling maching, boy does the metal look pretty
lol.gif

Never used Mobil 1-saw it a few years ago haven't seen it since. If anyone is looking for a good penetrating oil you might want to try Aero Kroil by Kano Labs-best penetrating oil I've ever used. I think WD40 is good for nothing more than use as a water displacer or solvent. For lubricating things I just use 30 weight motor oil in a squirt can.

I like Boshield and CorrsionX for rust protection. PB Blaster for bolt breaking. WD-40 is good for adhesives. M1 is good when you don't want dust to attrach.
itschy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
I like Boshield and CorrsionX for rust protection. PB Blaster for bolt breaking. WD-40 is good for adhesives. M1 is good when you don't want dust to attrach.
itschy.gif

DarrenC, Boesheild is awesome!!! I started using it on the electrical plugs and recetacles on my boat last year, and have seen no corrosion at all. A little pricey, but well worth it!! -Joe

quote:

Originally posted by GeorgeCLS:
Isn't that a hoot Bob? Mobil talking about 4 ball wear?? I will see if I can get them for you for comparison. It really is neat stuff. Certainly blows away WD-40 (kerosene with perfrume).. Did you know what about WD-40 is patented? It is the perfume enhancer! NOT the formula for the WD-40 itself. (do I smell kerosene?)
Have you ever held a lighter in front of a WD-40 spray? Blowtorch city.
WD-40 is a great Briggs & Stratten engine starting fluid; gives a 'wet' start and works great. Much better than regular starting fluid/ether..
George

Any word on the wear numbers?

The reason WD-40 is blowtorch city is cause the older cans used PROPANE as a propellent. Thats why it works so well to start engines. I used it quite a bit to start an old diesel pickup that had a bad glowplug circuit.

The new cans of WD-40 use a nonflamable propellent.

hey i have a great use for wd-40 around my house and garden! it's absolutly murder on these big hairy assed spiders we have hanging around! i don't know if it just smothers them or what, but give it a try!!! lots cheaper than black flag or raid!!! penz

Spiders and insects don't have lungs. They depend on air flowing in through their pores. Anything that clogs their pores, kills them. Even soapy water is deadly. At last, a good use for WD-40.

I HATE SPYDERS AND MOST CREPPY CRAWLING BUGS!!!! They are one of my true fears!!! I almost died when I found a centipeed in my basement!!!!!
frown.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back