Getting black oil stains off new white concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.
powdered laudry detergent mixed with a bit of water and scrubbed with a brush will work pretty good. super clean works decent, and i'm sure that citrol will remove it, according to this board it works miracles
shocked.gif

PJ, carefull with the muratic acid, I would try some kind of solvent with clay kitty litter stuff if the detergent does not work to your satisfaction.

Don't know,but was told WD-40
might do the trick.
I would let it sit and let it do it's job and then hit with pressure hose of water.
Good Luck !

Before you go out and buy something, try some laundry detergent.

This Paul Harvey fan has had good luck with Simple Green.

Any good suggestions? few days ago I screwed up and moved my dump truck over this new (1 year old) white concrete drive and it appearently left some nice black drops on it. now i have to figure out best way to remove the stains. any ideas?

Black drops of what??
Are you talking about a lot of black drops or just in a few areas?

I've heard about this stuff before but I have no idea where you'd find it at:

-

The local hardware store has some stuff (can't for the life of me recall what it is) that you pour on, let it soak in and dry, and sweep it off. It supposedly really works, a neighbor tried it and was amazed that 20 year old stains came out nice and perfect.

Ace hardware had it, you might call them.

If I recall the product name I'll post it here.

i have the easiest and cheapest way in the world.

pour a bit of kitty litter on the oil stain, and smuch the kitty litter to dust with your shoes (walk on it), try to kind of grind it in with your heel. after about a minute or so, sweep the kitty litter into the grass or vacuum it up.

works better than a pressure cleaner.

Be very carefull with the Muratic acid! It will eat the top layer of the concrete off the driveway, as will a pressure washer. (i'm in construction).

I've tried about everything and have come to use lacquer thinner on oil and grease stains on concrete. It won't harm the surface, UNLESS its a painted concrete. I pour some on, brush it around then dump on some saw dust and broom it around. It sucks the oil out in a flash!

I recently rebuilt my tranny in my truck and finally got to get rid of the 2' by 3' piece of carpet from the driveway. It was soaked all the way through with tranny fluid and had sat there for probably 2 years. The concrete was slimmy with trans fluid and dust/dirt. Two applications of the lacquer thinner and sawdust and you cannot tell anything ever leaked there.

Mark

Walmart has some stuff called Spill Magic or somthing like that. Pour it on and sweep it up. It really only works if the spill is still wet though.

-T

Walmart also has a product called "Revive-a-Drive" that I used for multiple old oil stains on a concrete drive and garage floor. Tried kitty litter, Superclean, Greased Lightning, oven cleaner and this stuff was the only thing that worked. Needs to soak into the concrete for a few hours, a little scrub with a stiff brush and rinse off with a water hose.

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:
i have the easiest and cheapest way in the world.

pour a bit of kitty litter on the oil stain, and smuch the kitty litter to dust with your shoes (walk on it), try to kind of grind it in with your heel. after about a minute or so, sweep the kitty litter into the grass or vacuum it up.

works better than a pressure cleaner.

I've also had good luch grinding in Kitty litter, dirt also works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back