Bugs/dirt on front license plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately where I live we have to have two tags on vehicles.
frown.gif
What is a good way to prevent bugs and dirt from sticking to the plate?
dunno.gif
Also, what would be a decent way to remove them for when they do stick? Thanks alot.
smile.gif

To remove buggage from the plate and the rest of the front end, rinse thoroughly and spray on a diluted mix of an all purpose cleaner, let it work for 30 secs then wash with a soapy mitt or sponge. Rinse again and repeat if necessary.

A good coat of wax on the plate will help minimize bug residue buildup. You're prolly better off removing the plate from the car and cleaning it by hand separately.

If the plate is attached to a plastic mount that is bolted onto the nose of your car, clean that also and apply a thin coat of protectant or dressing to the mount. Like wax, it'll keep bugs from sticking to it.

Has anyone tried this yet?

New Rain-X Bug & Tar Protective Shield creates a micro-thin barrier on your vehicle so that debris stick to it instead of your vehicle. Protects up to 2 weeks or until rinsed away

Besides being ignorant with requiring two tags, our plates are steel, so I paint the backs every year with Rust Oleum or similar.

could get a clear plastic cover for it. that way its easier to clean. wd-40 works good to remove those pesky bugs. also stoners products has a few protucts that remove bugs easy. what I use.

I put clear covers on for the winter. In warmer months I just have black metal frames around the plates on our cars. After I've had my new plates a month or so I'll wax them and rewax the rest of the car.

Proceed with caution when waxing license plates. Last time I waxed a plate the paint came right off.
banghead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back