Just used liquid glass for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to brag a little more about Liquid Glass.

This past weekend, we drove to the Gulf Coast. Once there, I meant to drop into a wash-it-yourself cash wash bay to clean off the love bugs. I even carried a wash mitt with me. But, things got hectic during the family visit and no time seemed convenient so the car did not get washed. We drove back on Monday and it was getting too late to wash the car once we would get home so I was really mad at myself because the car was coated in bug juice. With about less than 100 miles to go on the return trip, we hit a gully washer of a rainstorm. Tuesday morning, I got up for work and looked at the car. No remnants of love bugs at all on the paint or windshield (did I mention I put LG on my windshield?).

quote:

Originally posted by GT Mike:
What's a love bug?

There's probably a scientific name that I don't know. But in the south, particular around the Gulf Coast, they are flying bugs that make whoopie (love) while they fly. They seem to love the heat radiated from the roadways so congregate over the roads. As you are driving, your car gets splattered by them. Many times, they are so dense till the noise of them splattering drowns out the radio.

It is ugly.

We just have mosquitos and junebugs for the most part up here. And flies...On a trip back from Arizona, my car's bumper was more or less clean till I got into WI a bit, then it got peppered with flies!

What would a fly with no wings be called anyway? A walk?

I can tell ya, you never want to hit a junebug while riding a motorcycle! Had one hit me in the arm going a bit over the posted speed, and it left a welt the size of a silver dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back