How to apply Lexol Cleaner and protectant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on applying Lexol's leather cleaner and their leather protectant. I've used a terry cloth, but this seems harsh and soaks up alot of the Lexol. The instructions say to damp the cloth for the cleaner, I have tried, but it still does not foam up much like they say. Should I try using a sponge? When I use the protectant the leather seems to be a little sticky afterwards. I let the lexol sit for a minute or two then wipe it off (with a terry cloth), what am I doing wrong?

get a wet towel and clean off all of the cleaner. It doesn't foam up because it is too concentrated. So take a damp clotha and scrub. Once no more foam is evident, take the protectant and spray on to leather desired amount and massage into the seat with your hand. Let it sit for 3 to 4 mins and wipe off with 100% cotton towel. Thats what I do, works great.

I have the Lexol applicator sponges, & they work great for this job. I press the sponge against the bottle & turn the cleaner over the rag upside down & back over real quick. I rub this very briskly into the leather. I then rinse the sponge out real good. I take the now clean sponge and rub over the leather that is soapy. Rinse sponge & repeat until all the soap is out.
To apply the conditioner I spray onto the other applicator sponge about 2-3 sprays. I apply this to the leather until I see no more conditioner is going onto the leater. Repeat. I let this dry for about 30 minutes and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back