How do I get rid of that old car smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go over my carpets with full strenght simple green once a year (and the upolstry on cloth cars) Smells a little strong for a little bit, but seems to kill the other smells in the car.

quote:

Originally posted by cumminspuller:
I do alot of driving. Approx. 60,000 miles a year in my truck. I live down Louisiana and with the high humidity the A/C gets ran alot. I have been fighting a smell from the A/C after it has been used. It seems to appear a day or two after A/C use. I am not sure if some kind of mold can grow in the vents due to the high humidity. I guess I should say I think it is from the A/C vents. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Most auto parts have an ozone spray to use in the ac system.You spray in the air intake usually located on the passenger side at the bottom of the winshield,pop the hood with the fan on high(fresh air-not recirc)and feel for the intake.I have found it works best if the vehicle is thoroughly warmed up,fan on high,heater on highest setting,fresh air(not recirc),and close all interior vents,doors and windows.DO NOT BE IN THE VEHICLE,let it run for 15 or 20min and then open all doors and windows to let it air out.You can also use lysol.From then on,only use the coldest and hottest temp settings,use the fan to regulate the interior temp and use the fresh air setting whenever possible.

[ April 28, 2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: jafo ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back