05 dodge ram UOA w/Amsoil 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my third sample on this vehicle. The truck had 26592 on it when the sample was taken, I did not change the oil just the fleetguard stratapore and add one quart of oil. The truck has TST powermax on it with the amsoil ea air filter. My first two changes I was using rotella dino and the iron ppm was 46, so it looks like the amsoil is working good. Also note copper in the first uoa was 4, 7 in the second UOA with 4800 miles on the oil. Anything not shown was zero. I am open to discussion and I am waiting for my hard copy in the mail for the complete particle count. I did the particle count mostly because I am waiting on an amsoil bypass and wanted a comparison when I did my first uoa with it installed. Truck is driven mostly on weekends towing 5-8k and running around here and there during the week. I plan to sample again at 12k on the oil.

Blackstone labs

mi/hr on oil: 5327/139
mi/hr on unit: 26592/783

Aluminum - 3
Chrom - 2
Iron - 28
Copper - 7
Lead - 2
Molybd - 4
Manganese - 1
Silver - 1
Potassium - 8
Boron - 3
silicon - 5
sodium - 4
calcuim - 2333
Magnesiun - 12
Phosphorous-1154
Zinc - 1426

Viscosity - 80.0
Flashpoint - 430
Fuel % - 0.5%
Insolubles - 0.3%

TBN - 9.0
Particle count - 19/16

Excellent report all around. Si is nice and low. The new Ea filters look good so far from Amsoil.

All the 3gen Dodges with the Cummins seem to have K and Na in the oil sample. Has anyone tracked down the problem to a specific component?

The only thing changed that I think could have an impact is that the Cummins in the 3gen trucks now have MLS gaskets. Does anyone know for sure if Cummins went to MLS gaskets beginning in 2003?

All 3rd Gen's have the mls gaskets as you stated. That is why they are able to sustain higher boost pressure up to 50 psi without studs and o-ringing the head like the previous motors.

Do the MLS gaskets seal the water passages as wells as the previous gaskets? If so, what else do you think could account for the elevated Na and K found in many 3rd gen engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back