jD 6081 schaeffers 15-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Deere 6081 farm tractor. First column represents the first sample with 676 hours on machine and 268 hours on oil. second collumn is the subsequent uoa with 1183 hours on machine and 507 hours on oil.

hours 268 hours 507

cop 4 4
iron 17 19
chrom 1 1
alum 3 3
lead 1 2

moly 141 240
phos 1816 1334
zinc 2047 1433
mag 15 11
calc 5371 3988
silicon 3 10
visc 14.99 12.58
sulf 5 9
oxi 4 3
nit 3 4
soot .0 .1

anti,h20,fuel all nil.

Was the oil changed with 268 hours on it and was there any top-up oil added? Silicon went up quite a bit, but at 10 ppm still good numbers. You will probably wear out before the tractor will.

How much calendar time does it take to see 500+ hours on the tractor?

If the OEM fill was in the tractor when the first sample was taken and the oil was changed is it possible that the residual oil "diluted" the first fill of Schaeffers thereby lowering the moly number compared to the second sample? I am making the assumption that the oil was changed at the second sample, if it wasn't then I have no idea why moly increased.

Could the water have been from the low load when the tractor was new? It idled at the JD plant, then onto the rail/truck, more idling at the dealer and then when you picked it up and so on. Although one would have thought that any traces of water would have been baked off once the tractor started working, and typically diesels don't have a huge water problem anyway.
dunno.gif

Never mind, I never said I knew how to read or type
pat.gif

Is that particular hydraulic fluid hydroscopic at all? We had a couple of trucks and were ingesting large amounts of water into the hydraulic oil. I put desiccant breather caps on them and they have been fine ever since. I don't imagine that machine sees much time in the water, and even if it did it's too new to have a seal problem (unless improperly installed at the factory). If it didn't get in a loose fill/breather then I'm lost as to the source of the water.

Oil was changed. moly up.??? No make up oil.
50-60 days to put on 500 hours.
offtopic.gif

Their utc fluid showed up with h2o on this young machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back