Schaeffer's Supreme 9000 / 7.3L PowerStroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first Blackstone Report. Total miles on my Excursion 29,853. This report covers July/August/September with a lot of driving back and forth to Canada, sometimes towing a 1000 pound trailer. Also, there were several miles of dusty roads. Air filter was Fram -since changed to Ford AIS - and oil filter was Motorcraft FL 1995.

Equipment Make: Navistar
Equipment Model: 7.3L Power Stroke
Fuel Type: Diesel
Oil Use Interval: 5122 Miles
Oil Type and Grade: Schaeffers 9000 5W/40
Make up oil added: 0 quarts

MILES/HR ON OIL 5,122
MILES/HR ON UNIT 29,852
SAMPLE DATE 09/14/05

ALUMINUM 2
CHROMIUM 1
IRON 6
COPPER 3
LEAD 2
TIN 1
MOLYBDENUM 175
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 5
BORON 7
SILICON 13
SODIUM 5
CALCIUM 3289
MAGNESIUM 8
PHOSPHORUS 1130
ZINC 1316
BARIUM 0

PROPERTIES:
SUS VISCOSITY @ 210F: 66.5
FLASHPOINT IN F: 435
FUEL %: ANTIFREEZE: 0.0%
WATER: 0.0%
INSOLUBLES: 0.1

BLACKSTONE COMMENTS:
Walt: Your Excursion is looking really good. All wear read at or below averages for this type of engine, which is a very good indication of normal wearing parts and careful operation. Bearing wear looks especially good. Insolubles - oil oxidation and soot due to heat, use and blow-by - were very low at 0.1% showing great oil filtration. No fuel dilution or anti-freeze was found. Silicon was 13ppm, so your air filtration is still getting the job done. The TBN read 9.9, lots of active additive remaining. At 29,852 total miles, this engine appears to be doing well.

Your thoughts?

Dude...the biggest key to reading a PSD Oil analysis is the Iron level. Quite frankly this is one of the best PSD UOA's I've seen. The Iron at 6 is very impressive because when you use lower quality oil in these engines, the iron usually trends up with it. In fact, it is kinda rare to see Iron as a single digit. You could probably do 10,000 miles easy if not more.

Hammer

In your cold temps up North and this kind of report really put the spotlight on this oil. All the UOA's I have seen on this oil are great as is this one. Don't worry about your silicon reading, Schaeffers uses a lot for anti-foaming. And the addition of the AIS air cleaner is really super.

smile.gif

GREAT report. I agree w/Hammer, go AT LEAST 10K with this oil. The S9000 did a great job in my 6.0 PSD also. Now that I think about it, every UOA that I've seen with the S7000 or the S9000 has been great.

Great report Walt. The 9000 as Vetteman says appears to beginning to really shine. Ford 7.3 PSD's and also the new 6.0L love it.
smile.gif

Corrected spelling error

[ January 11, 2006, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

the 9000 5w-40 is ,a well thought out engine lube,,,and yes it will give stellar (iron) results in gasoline engines of most all types,,,,,BL

Thanks all for your replies, and a special thanks to Hammer for recommending this oil. I went back and checked my Blackstone report just to be triple certain on the iron level - 6!

One thing I forgot to mention is that it was pretty cold here in Minnesota in mid-December. My truck sits outside, and I'm not able to plug it in. We had several below zero days, with the lowest morning reading on the overhead being 9 degrees below zero. My truck started right up - with no romping!

Also, a special thanks to salesrep for his outstanding customer service and following up with me AFTER I purchased this oil. You don't find that kind of service after the sale much any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back