02 Duramax Amsoil 15W40 AME 40,000 Total Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

This is my latest data and am looking for comments. TBN for this oil was 10.4 which is not surprising for only 4100 miles on it. Blackstone is concerned with the lead levels and suggested I change this oil out. I am running a Amsoil dual remote bypass as well. All samples you see data for were with Amsoil AME and the dual remote setup.

-

considering the iron and other wear metals are low, would seem to me that the oil has got lots of life left

quote:

Hi everyone,

This is my latest data and am looking for comments. TBN for this oil was 10.4 which is not surprising for only 4100 miles on it. Blackstone is concerned with the lead levels and suggested I change this oil out. I am running a Amsoil dual remote bypass as well. All samples you see data for were with Amsoil AME and the dual remote setup.

When was the dual remote installed?

Hammer

Hammer,

The dual remote was installed at 18468 when I switched over to Amsoil. So all the samples on the report are with the dual remote installed.

Hmm...could the loss of oil pressure and flow rate to the bearings caused by the dual remote be causing increased bearing wear? My preference is for the single bypass filter assembly and original full flow filter mount.

I'd get Terry Dyson's input on this report.

Ken

On a cold start, how long does it take from engine turnover for the oil pressure gage to register pressure? Ever seen the "CHECK ENG OIL PRESS" come up in the LED message center?

Going to the dual remote, I run nearly 80PSI at idle cold, and I lost about 1 hash mark at idle (needle width below 40PSI) when up to temp, and about 60PSI at 1500 RPM.

Knowing what I know now, I think I would have opted for a true bypass, keeping factory full flow filter, and a pre-oiler tapped in to the bypass supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back