05 VW 1.9L PD-TDI, Elf DID 505.01, 13,000KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle: 2005 Golf 1.9L PD-TDI, 5-speed, CAT fuel filter, ProVent CCV filter. 23,000KM currently on engine, oil used between 10,000KM and 23,000KM.
Oil: Elf Excellium DID, Mann filter, 0.25L top-up oil. 13,000KM interval. 1st oil change at 5,000KM with Elf Excellium DID, 2nd oil change at 10,000KM with same oil (current analysis).
Fuel: 90% truck diesel, 10% Sunoco Gold, Fuel Power added in every tank
Driving conditions: Daily driven, 75% highway, 25% city. Always warmed up properly, once car warmed up frequent 3000RPM+ shifts, 3 or 4 times a week 4000RPM+ shifts.

code:

CONTAMINATION

Silicon 11

Potassium 3.0

Sodium 2.1

Fuel (%) 1.0

Glycol NEG

Water (%)
Soot (%) 0.8

Sulfation 56

Nitration 73

OIL CONDITION

Boron 1.7

Barium 0.5

Calcium 2849

Magnesium 12

Molybdenum 0.7

Sodium 2.1

Phosphorus 651

Sulfur 3462

Zinc 888

Visc@40°C ---

Visc@100°C 12.7

Oxidation 59

TAN ---

TBN 6.50

WEAR

Iron 66

Nickel 0.9

Chromium 1.9

Titanium 0.1

Copper 8.0

Aluminum 9.6

Tin 1.0

Lead 4.1

Silver 0.0

Ferrari, would you happen to know the Elf DID viscosities at 40 and 100 C for virgin oil? I have a new TDI so the question is not academic. I'll probably be using Castrol TXT, since I already bought a case of the stuff.

Cheers, Mark

Dominik, I got it from a distributor in Markham, but they are not distributing or importing this oil any more unfortunately. I'll get their info once I get home and you can call them to see if they have any oil left.

Does this place in Mississauga have Agip 505.01 oil?

Why did this oil shear down to 12.7cSt? Given the .8% soot, I would not expect to see that low a viscosity.

Or maybe it didn't shear....maybe it is the fuel contamination! Is that high fuel normal for a PD?

Tim

I don't like these VW 505.01 formulations at all....From what I've seen, they all shear rather badly in a TDI diesel.

When your engine goes off warranty, try Delvac 1 or Amsoil. I think you'll find these iron levels are significantly reduced.

Tooslick

Looking at those numbers, I'm definitely not impressed with that oil.

What company did the analysis?

I wonder if the numbers will improve after the engine has completely broken in?

Ferrari, sorry for getting back so late ( wrecked my back a week ago now I can at least move around a bit) The place has some new never seen before Agip 7004 5W-40 it looks like this oil has been blended with VW in mind it complies withit ACEA: A3/B3; VW 505.01 & VW 500.00/505.00 goes for $ 8.00 tax included.
here is what I chttp://www.selectoil.nl/Selectoil-totaal-all.htmould find out about it

http://www.auto-club.pl/uploads/articles/agip/kg_agip7004_4.jpg

This place acctualy supplies shops and not a lot of people know about it, looks inconspicuous and is easy to miss

Dominik, sorry to hear about your accident, and I hope you get better soon.

I got my Elf oil from this distributor:
F&M Distributors
Attn: Reg D'Cruz
67 Steelcase Road, Unit 5
Markham, ON
L3R 2M4
Tel: 905.513.8891

Thanks for the link, and all the best.

offtopic.gif
Sorry, but this seems a good place to ask, but what is PD of PD-TDI?

quote:

Originally posted by simple_gifts:
offtopic.gif
Sorry, but this seems a good place to ask, but what is PD of PD-TDI?

Pump Duse, or Pump Injector.

It's the type of fuel injection system. No external fuel pump (except the electric pump in the fuel tank). Lobes on the overhead camshaft activate the injectors, which are on top of the piston, instead of to the side.

So, would that make it similar in operation to the old 2-stroke Detroit Diesel injector operation? I seem to remember a rocker arm/cam lobe that's sole purpose was to pressurize the fuel and activate the injector at the correct time. The only fuel pump was the low pressure lift pump that brought the fuel up to the rail that supplied the inlet side of the injectors. We had to "set the rack" as part of a service at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back