2004 VW Golf TDI, Castrol 505.01 5w40 at 5kmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by segfault:
No, it wasn't the best factory warranty at the time. [/QB]

YES, the POWERTRAIN warranty was the best offered by any vehicle in the US, at the time.

The only other warranty that even came close at that time was Chrysler's 7/70 warranty. And you had to pay extra for that. Free was only 3/36. VW was 10/100 at no extra charge.

quote:

Originally posted by TexasTDI:
The data is in the wording of each API certification. Only CI-4 and CI-4 PLUS certs say they are oils designed for diesel engines with EGR systems. [/QB]

I have the PDF of all the specs. Would you like me to email it to you?

Hi Texas - the point I was making is that not all diesels engines are designed in or for, live in or are used in the USA! The rest of the world is alive and well too - we live in it!

Many engine designs do not follow the emission practices emanating from the USA. They approach the issues differently and sometimes with a much better outcome

I am very aware of the API's oil quality ratings
and at least as aware of the ACEAs

Thanks for the offer Texas - keep up the good work! I enjoy your posts.....

Regards
Doug

If the manufacturers know best, then why do we have sludged engines(toyota, chrysler 2.7l, VW 1.8t....)? sludged intakes(vw TDI)?....

Manufacturers know so much but they still end up with millions $pent on recall$, T$Bs, complaints and class actions, ...........
And, they have so much faith in their long OCI's that they are reducing the warranty time/mileage.

So, what is so advanced about the 505.01 group III blend, API SJ/CF oil? Specs seem a little OLD.

The quote "The Manufacturers know best", IMHO, needs to be validated
grin.gif

When it comes to OEM part replacements, I also upgrade when available. This means that my fluids, filters, tires, brakes,........ are usually better then what is supplied by the best knowing manufacturers
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back