Petro Canada Duron Synthetic 5w40, Dodge Cummins, 3848 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Here are the number from an UOA on a 1996 Dodge Cummins. The truck has 132,000 miles on it. It spends 90% of the time towing 4,500lbs. (hardly a load for the truck) in city traffic. FWIW - The truck has been modified with several enhancements to increase fueling and HP.

Miles - 3,848
Copper - 1
Iron - 26
Chromium - 6
Aluminum - 3
Lead - 2
Moly - 3
Phos - 1436
Zinc - 1505
Magnesium - 10
Calcium - 4066
Silicon - 2
Viscosity - 13.31
Soot .1 %

Fuel, H20, and Antifreeze - 0

Sorry I do not have a TBN. Given these numbers the oil could easily run the longer. The reason the oil is changed frequently is mainly becasue of the concern of soot in the oil as it has the ability to lay a pretty dark cloud of smoke with the fueling enhancements.

RC or anyone, is this a good oil analysis on Duron, I dont know how to access these analysis results. I am considering this Duron oil or XD-3 Esso for this winter on my 92 Dodge diesel. I am using Duron conv oil now, seems to agree with this diesel.

Cyprs

quote:

Miles - 3,848
Copper - 1
Iron - 26
Chromium - 6
Aluminum - 3
Lead - 2
Moly - 3
Phos - 1436
Zinc - 1505
Magnesium - 10
Calcium - 4066
Silicon - 2
Viscosity - 13.31
Soot .1 %

Fuel, H20, and Antifreeze - 0

Good UOA. Low Iron wear considering the in-town towing. Soft metal wear is low, silicon is very low showing good air filtration.

I wish I had no fuel dilution and an engine that didn't shear the heck out of oil
confused.gif

Is the calcium abnormally high?

Does anyone know what the make-up of the base oil is?

I'm wondering if this would be a good choice for a 1992 BMW 325 that I've turbocharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back