Na 15
Sn 0
Zn 1611

Soot .27%
Water 0
Fuel 0
Anti-freeze 0
TBN 9.5

Car is driven about 80% highway and 20% creep and go on what we call a freeway.
This is the mid point of the third full Redline oil change cycle. This will be the final point of the baseline.

Fuel Power was used during the period as a fuel additive.

The MAF failed about 2000 miles into the interval, and the result was more soot. The timing is also about three degrees retarded as compaired to the last analysis.

OEM oil and air filters were used.

Everything looks good but the Fe is high. Nothing to worry about but high to BITOG standards, which are very high. Strong TBN. RL does very well in VW engines and seems to be one of the best choices. Doesn't react the same with the bearings as TS pointed out before. Pb is low. Other cars are a different story.

[ June 29, 2004, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Member # 2878

posted January 08, 2004 08:25 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This engine uses the German Engineered Glyco bearings made by Federal Mogul which are sputter coated which is an advanced technology used in all VW , Audi , BMW , Opel and other makes over the old tri-layer designs .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1195 | From: The Tropics of Antartica | Registered: Nov 2003 | IP: Logged |

Correction
Motorbike pointed this out as you can see below. Sorry about that.
cheers.gif

Member # 2878

posted January 08, 2004 08:25 AM
This engine uses the German Engineered Glyco bearings made by Federal Mogul which are sputter coated which is an advanced technology used in all VW , Audi , BMW , Opel and other makes over the old tri-layer designs .

Your FE at 3.2ppm/1000 is OK. I see lots of Amsoil and Delvac 1 with FEs in the 3 to 5 ppm / 1000 range.

Is this your first round of Redline?

No, this is the third oci. I have a timing belt change due next week. The top of the motor will be open, and who knows what will fall in or what will be scraped loose due to the cam locking tool. So I took this sample mid-way. This should make a good base line to compare any changes to in the future.
Overall I am quite happy with these results. Far better than those with Delvac-1.

Can't wait for the next analysis.

I'm currently using FP as my exclusive fuel additive. This is to test FP's soot reduction abilities.

What was you soot before FP?

Before using FP the soot level after 10K miles was in the 1.0% to 1.5% range. The FP seems to really cut down on the soot load. I have not recorded any increase in fuel mileage. Most likely the increase has been used up by the right foot.
This is a case of doing two things at once. Changed to Red Line oil and FP at the same time. The result is that I do not know which factor is the cause of the lower soot. Willing to bet, it's the FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back