Na 21
Sn 1
Zn 1559

Soot .94%
Water 0
Fuel 0
Anti-freeze 0
TBN 9.0

Car is driven about 90% highway and 10% creep and go on what we call a freeway for the first 5K miles. For the second 5K miles a lot more abuse in the form of city driving, driving in the hills with hard accelerations. The highway percentage has dropped to about 50%.
This is the first full Redline oil change cycle. Two more cycles are planned to get a good baseline.

Fuel Power was used in the second 5K mile period. The soot load seems to be better controlled as a result.

OEM oil and air filters were used.

quote:

Originally posted by Neil Womack:
Interesting report.

Wonder if the elevated iron is due to the Redline cleaning up old oil deposits?

Look forward to the follow-up analysis.

what's elevated about it?

TBN 9.0 after 10000 miles?
grin.gif

wow, you could go longer. since your out of warranty, what kind of interval have you been running? what oil did you use before redline?

Prior to the Redline Delvac-1 was used. All oil changes have been done at 10K. It is easy to remember to change oil on the 000's.
This is the first Redline oil fill. Two more to go before any conclusions can be made. The only thing that can be added is that the Fuel Power seems to work to control the soot load. With less soot, the wear should also be less.
The Iron was 117 with the Delvac-1 before using Neutra 131 to clean things out. The Fe then dropped to current levels.
The startup clatter seems to be far less with the Redline vs Delvac-1. The top speed at the top of the 6% garde a mile from the house in the morning is also a bit higher. Not the best way to warm up a motor, but it works.

quote:

The top speed at the top of the 6% garde a mile from the house in the morning is also a bit higher. Not the best way to warm up a motor, but it works.

I wonder if this is where all that iron is coming from. Cold engine + full load = not good.

quote:

Originally posted by hannaco:
*-*-This is the first Redline oil fill. Two more to go before any conclusions can be made. -*-*.
The Iron was 117 with the Delvac-1 before using Neutra 131 to clean things out. The Fe then dropped to current levels. -*-*

Sound like you are on the right track.
IF NUMBERS are dropping, then keep it up and wait til they level off before making any call.
I would GUESS with a flush and a rinse you will still have a small % of the old stuff there... Just hold on@being patient

toyvwbenz
"I wonder if this is where all that iron is coming from. Cold engine + full load = not good"

Getting rear ended by one of the local cowboys is far worse. They take the speed limit as a starting point, and go up quickly from there. If trafic is clear, then a far more moderate speed is used.

quote:

Originally posted by hannaco:
toyvwbenz
"I wonder if this is where all that iron is coming from. Cold engine + full load = not good"

Granted it is not as low as it could be, but by no means is it pushing the danger level ready to be flagged... It's come down a lot, and with a careful watch should be under control. Besides, it's not like this is a TRACTOR, where they are expected to go more miles between drains... A diesel car/truck on 10K-20K this looks okay considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back