Blackstone & Dyson Analysis offer Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackstone Labs and Dyson Analysis Team to offer the normal Blackstone kit including TBN with Terry Dyson performing the interpretation for $35.

Order your kit directly from Blackstone asking specifically for the Dyson Analysis package. Once the results are "read" you will receive your results via email from Dyson Analysis.

As always your questions and fine tuning your equipment lube needs will be met by consulting directly with me.

Questions please ask ?

For those that have been wondering how to ID the Dyson Package at Blackstone Labs,

Use code # 46 to identify the Dyson Analysis package when ordering a kit.

If not preprinted place the #46 code on the lower right hand side of the data sheet slip.

This will work for unused Blackstone kits on hand already if you desire our interpretation services and TBN provided in the Dyson package.

Thanks, Terry

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
For those that have been wondering how to ID the Dyson Package at Blackstone Labs,

Use code # 46 to identify the Dyson Analysis package when ordering a kit.

If not preprinted place the #46 code on the lower right hand side of the data sheet slip.

This will work for unused Blackstone kits on hand already if you desire our interpretation services and TBN provided in the Dyson package.

Thanks, Terry

Terry,
I plan on using this service shortly. Previously I had used another company and their containers were set up for pre-paid shipping. This might be an odd question and I should probably go to the post office, but do you know how many stamps I need on the container?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason, definitely take the used oil kit to the post office and have it weighed and hand it to them. Since 9/11 the USPS is very scared of anything that could be construed to be hazardous.

Used oil IS NOT HAZARDOUS but it helps for them to see you or know that it is mailed from your home mailbox .

The postage can vary depending on how much oil is in the bottle.

I have had good luck sending kits from my home mailbox as USPS knows where it cam from. Don't drop a kit in a public mailbox anymore for the same reason .
Thanks for asking and thanks for supporting those who support this useful site.

Terry

Thanks Terry

I'll be changing the oil tomorrow or next Saturday. I have to check the mileage tonight. It will be Delvac 1 with about 7,000 miles on the oil.

Jason

[ January 31, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: DABEAR95 ]

I just got my first oil analysis back from Blackstone. I read the post about TBN and etc. What benefit is TBN in a report showing low wear? Also, posters are talking about soot and the Blackstone report doesn't include that. They also tested the viscosity at 210 deg. F not 100 deg. F so I don't know what to make of the viscosity.

quote:

Originally posted by Sparkydm:
I just got my first oil analysis back from Blackstone. I read the post about TBN and etc. What benefit is TBN in a report showing low wear? Also, posters are talking about soot and the Blackstone report doesn't include that. They also tested the viscosity at 210 deg. F not 100 deg. F so I don't know what to make of the viscosity.

Yes, their viscosity is SUS at 210, but it can be converted to cst at 100c by this formula:

SUSx.226-(195/SUS)

Also, TBN is always useful, as it shows how much acid neutralizing ability is left in your oil, and is one of the big factors in helping determine the correct oil change interval.

[ March 11, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back