VW Passat TDI Rotella T Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Andy
You should give Delvac 1 a go in that engine. Most TDI owners use it now I hear. Several people here have found it for $10 gallon if I remember correctly, obviously mispriced.

Delvac-1 doesn't meet VW 505 specs, Amsoil does.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Andy H:
The current fill is AMSOIL 15W-40 Diesel/marine, which has 5600 miles in it. I'm looking forward to comparing the numbers.

I'm also using Amsoil 15w-40 in my 2000 Golf 1.9TDI and my 1991 Jetta 1.6 Diesel.
grin.gif

quote:

The next fill will be Amsoil 5W-30....

Series 3000 I hope.
wink.gif

I'll be switching to Series 3000 5w-30 at my TDI's next oil change as well.
cool.gif

Hi All,

Chris, of course Series 3000! I got my bypass filter in the mail today as well. I'll do the oil and flushing and bypass change sometime this holiday break.

TooSlick and jjbula - What's AutoRX? Some type of flush? I thought of using a flush in the oil and maybe drizzling some in thru the intake valves and letting it soak down. Not sure how effective that would be.
dunno.gif

I'm not sure if the rings would seat again if I pulled the bottom off and reinstalled the pistons...then all the "as long as I'm in here's" started calling...by the time I was done with my mental exercise, I had a fresh overhaul.
rolleyes.gif

I sent an oil sample to the lab last week and will take a look before the next step.

To be continued, me thinks...

Merry Christmas all,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back