AC Delco parts? good quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to do a tune up with timing belts, water pump, accessory belts, tensioner, and some rubber gaskets (valve cover etc). It is for an Integra (the one that almost overheat this weekend).

This is my plan:

Mitsuboshi timing belt (OEM of honda, used at my last work place and is a brand I trust)

AC Delco accessory belts (low risk items, and have used AC Delco before and it seems better than Gates)

Beck and Arney gaskets (low risk items, if they fail I am in no immediate danger)

Koyo Tensioner (They are japanese and seems to be good quality, at least their radiators are good)

Now, the timing belt, I don't want to go cheap and get A1 cardone or any reman one, many have leaks that I don't want to deal with. Will AC Delco be trust worthy?

I'm not sure who makes or even sells AC-Delco belts. I've had good luck with gaterback belts though(quiet). Try Rockauto.com for good prices on AC stuff.

The AC Delco brand is owned by GM. The manufacture of the actual parts is subcontracted to a supplier who is supposed to make the part according to GM's specifications. That being said, you should get an OE quality part when you buy AC Delco. If you inspect the actual part, you might be able to tell who actually made it. AC Delco spark plugs all bear the NGK logo for example. I don't know who makes their timing belts, but it's bound to be a company who makes a lot of such things.

Millions for maintenance and not a penny to the tow truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by PandaBear:
Now, the timing belt, I don't want to go cheap and get A1 cardone or any reman one, many have leaks that I don't want to deal with. Will AC Delco be trust worthy?

yep, I wouldn't be cheap and go with the reman timing belts too
tongue.gif

may be you meant water pump?

My AC rad. hoses were all re-labeled Gateses. You pay ~two dollars extra and have to undo that otherwise gooey stickers right at the clamping area. But I consider buying some quality control when I get Delcos. I never dissapointed with them and I think for a couple of thing it is the best (like the spark-plug cables). But for hoses or may be the belts I'll get Gates or Goodyear the net time.

For suspension rubbers I consider it better as it is closer to the makers production. Because they are a close NVH item and should have a tuned nodal characteristics (I don't think known to the third parties unless an extensive analysys done for each car) to function right. So priorities for GM it would be like GM>Moog=Delco for me.

yeah, i ment water pump. All I care about is to have it not leaking in the next 90k miles, the interval of timing belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back