LUCAS 15W40 Long Drain Truck Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone out there use Lucas 15W40 Long Drain Truck Oil? If you do, how is it? Does it work well and protect the engine? I just poured in 13 quarts in my Duramax 7800 Diesel. I saw the experiment w/ the Oil Stabilizer after I just poured in the Lucas Motor Oil, I hope that won't happen with the engine oil. I was told that there was Lucas Oil Stabilized mixed into the oil as well though.

Back in 1994 it was found that certain sealers affected lubricant/foaming .

I'd not let one bench test affect your purchasing of any product . JMO

That Lucas 15w-40 is some high TBN stuff ... correct ?

Kinda expensive too from what I've seen but don't have any experience with it .Let us know how it goes .
patriot.gif

68 Do you know anything about their add pkg? base stock? It sells for like $21 a gal. at the truck stops.

[ December 02, 2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: salesrep ]

quote:

Beware of oil producers that have not invested the time and $ to license their products with the API.

And I am sure that because a product is API licensed that it gurantees a superior product. Hogwash! It only requires minimum standards be met.

In repsonse to salesrep, I can only say that it does not appear to be a PAO-based product (i.e. it is mineral based) and that they've put a relatively big slug of additive in it. They also make absolutely no OEM claims so you have very little to reference.

To my good friend Molakule:
I disagree. The EOLCS system mandates statistical testing for licensing and then does field testing to guarantee compliance. Any non-API licensed oil is free to claim whatever they wish with no rules or parameters to abide by. It is your position that is hogwash.

I've run the oil twice now, I bought the stuff anywhere from $45 for 4 gallons or up to $56 for 4 gallons. I've always been trying to find a good dino oil for my DMAX 7800 (7.8L) since for some reason, the owners manual says specifically not to use synthetic oil. So far the oil is pretty clear on the level gage but what is going on inside I haven't a clue.

BTW: has anyone tried the new SYNTHETIC oil stabilizer Lucas is offering? It says its fully synthetic? Wonder if its a good summer additive for synthetic users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back