Kubota Super UDT vs. UDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Kubota L3010 that I need to do the 50 hour maintenance on. For the transmission case, the owner's manual recommends either UDT or Super UDT, however, they footnote that the hydraulic unit and hydro stat transmission share the same fluid and they recommend Super UDT.

From my research, I can not find anyone outside of Kubota that has the Super UDT spec. Valvoline claims their Unitrac #813 meets the spec but I see no mention of Super UDT on it's specs.

What is the difference betweem UDT and Super UDT and is the super worth the extra money? My selling dealer recommends the Super UDT while all of the other Kubota Dealers recommend the New Holland G-134.

Sam's Club markets Certified Hydraulic Fluid that meets UDT spec. How does this compare with the New Holland G-134 that meets UDT spec or the other brands out there?

In the post below that refers to ISO, are any of the fluids listed actually spec'd to Super UDT to support Kubota Warranty?

Sorry to pose these questions specifically about Kubota, but you all seem to be oil gurus of the web. I figure if I can't can't get these questions answered here, they can't be answered on the web.

Thanks...

Neil

Neil

Try Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF. In Chevron's sales sheet they specifically state it meets Super UDT specs. Two years ago the local price for that product was $76.00/5 gallon pail.

Amsoil ATH mentions Kubota UDT-All. Don't know if that means Super UDT or not.

Have you ever thought about analyzing your hydro oil? I have two analysis posted. One on John Deere Low Vis and one on Schaeffers Simplex. I'd love to see other analysis.

Neil,

I do not know how to analyze oil. Also, my selling dealer is telling me that my tractor came from Kubota full of the Super UDT. I assume he is right....

As for sythetic hydraulic fluid, what are the benefits?

Thanks..

Neil

By analysing I mean having spetrographic analysis done either on the virgin hydro or better yet on your used fluid.

At $140.00 (fluid and filters) a change it might be worth it to use analysis to see just how long a change interval you can use.

Terry Dyson has excellent service and an extensive knowledge of all things oily.

As for synthetics the main benefits would be longivity. Some will argue that synthetic oil lubricate better but I'm not convinced. A well formulated mineral oil product will do every thing a synthetic will do except last as long.

[ July 27, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Neil Womack ]

synthetic oil will handle the extremes beter than mineral oil(every oil will break down eventually but synthetic will hang on that little bit beter & longer under high stress/ temps & pressures) & because of the way its manufactured i believe its additives will give your components reduced wear & beter protection ,iam an ex Kubota employee(workshop Diesel mechanic) so for the UDT vs super UDT u are correct in believing that both will do the job, the super UDT just has beter anti wear & metal protection additves that the UTD does not, if your machine is low hours & still in its warranty period i would put the recommended super UTD as i know if Kubotas do have a failure in the warranty period the first thing taken is an oil sample & oil analysis & if the oil is incorrect they will not warrant the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back