kubota's super udt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kubota UDT spec requires a viscosity at 100C of 8.8 minimum with a 140 Vis Index, 4800 cP Brookfield (max) at -20 C, and 70,000 at -34 C, pour point -37 max and flash point 200 Min.
That should put it closer to the low end of an ISO 68 than a 46.

I believe your info is for the UDT spec. Commercially available products that should meet the SUPER UDT spec include:

Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil (ISO 46)
Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF (ISO 46)
Citgo Low-Temp Tractor Hydraulic Fluid (ISO 37)
Esso Hydraul 50 (ISO 32)
Esso Hydraul Extra (ISO 43)
Mobilfluid LT (ISO 42)
Petro-Canada Duratran Synthetic (ISO 47)
Schaeffer #315 Simplex Supreme Synthetic Blend (ISO 54)
Shell Canada Donax TDL (ISO 32)

Chevron and Petro-Canada are the only products that currently list the spec on their product claims that I can find. Thus, I would check with the manufacturer for those products that don't list the spec in their product claims.

You can also get UDT at walmart for cheap. I have found zero differences in syn vs conventional tractor fluids - not even below freezing.

Is this for a gear tranny or do you have a combined hydraulic sump also? The generic stuff at walmart covers my cub which is hydrostat with hydraulics, and covers my massey which is gear with hyd remotes.

I thought Super UDT was different from UDT. If that is right then Chevron All-Weather THF may be the only fluid that matches your OEM fluid.

Petro-Canada tech data for its Duratran Synthetic hydraulic fluid clains that it is a suitable replacement for, and I quote, "KUBOTA SUPER UDT," capital letters are used as in the original tech data sheet. The tech data sheet form number is "IM-7981E (02.05)"

I wonder who makes Kubota's Super UDT? I have purchased some Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF, and it is colored rather than the nearly transparent Super UDT. By the way, I do not mean to imply that the color of new fluid is necessarily related to product quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back