Need comparison of oils Delvac,Rotella,Delo,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all Im looking for some type of comparison between these oils (Non-Syn) in a 15W40. Ive done my own tests before between Delvac and Rotella, but I need more info on other oils as well.The oils are Delvac,Rotella,Delo,Pennsoil and whatever else might be comparable (Non-Synthetic)
Thanks in advance..

I don't know of any "official" test that compares test performance data of those listed oils. I have done UOA's on both my personal trucks and the work fleet. Of the oils listed (except Pen.), Delo 400 15w40 gave the best UOA's. I wish I had PDF's of the work UOA's, but they are all paper copies. I have a couple of UOA's posted here on my 7.3 PowerStroke.

You did not mention Schaeffer’s, which has a 15w40 blend that seems to be quite good. I used quite a bit of that until the boss said no more (too expensive). Also, the Rotella 5w40 (which is gpIII, I believe) has a pretty good report so far, although not a lot of data yet.

It would help if we knew what you were looking for exactly and the application this oil will be used in.

Yes I would recommend a synthetic blend as an affordable alternative to full synthetics. Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Diesel Oils offer better cold weather performance and fuel milege because they are available in lighter weights such as 10w40 and offer an advantage over traditional 15w40 engine oils. I believe Shell Rotella offers synthetic blend oils.

Supposedly Delo oils offer IsoSyn technology that rivals synthetics at petroleum prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back