FIATALLIS CHALMERS HD 6G CRAWLER/TRACTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the recomendations and capicities are for the fluids for a Fiat Allis Chalmers HD 6G Crawler Tractor from the 60s? Let me know.

AKMEISTER

well, my old Fiat 550 tractor (from the late sixties/early seventies) manual states that for the crankcase, use 20W-40 above 0*C (32F) and 10W-30 below 0*C for the engine. I'm currently using Fuchs Titan Ultralube 15W-40 CI-4. Previously used Castrol RX-Super, along with all the other farm equipment at the time.
For the transmission/final drive, use engine oil. (20W-40)
I asked once about using a dedicated GL4/5 fluid in the trans/final drive, and people such as Molakule felt that the differences in additive packages could cause seal problems, amongst other things, and to stick with the original recommendations.

Castrol Australia make a very good engine/trans/final drive fluid that's called Agri MP Plus that is an SAE 20W-40 engine oil and API GL4, SAE 80W-90 gear fluid with a vapour phase inhibitor (for corrosion control during those periods when left standing unused)

In your climate ,use Schaeffers 15w-40 7000,,flows better than most other oils of this wt. in engine,,,also in other fluids ,,#315 supreme synt. blend,,, 274 no 2 grade grease in zerks........BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back