Oil Viscosity & Particulate Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm a student at University in Scotland and I'm looking for some advice to help me with a market research project. To quickly explain, we've each been given a different random field (in my case oil viscosity and particulate testing) and we need to find out about the current state of the market for this and the potential for new product development in the area.

At this early stage, I'm really trying to find out about the type of companies and people that are interested in oil viscosity and particulate testing and would be doing these tests or could benefit from doing them on quite a regular basis. Not having much knowledge of this field, if anyone could point me in the right direction with suggestions of the types of companies that I should be researching it would be really useful and appreciated.

Thanks, Christine

Take a look at a lab that does oil testing:

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

They show what they do and how it benefits their customers in different areas like marine, aviation, and industrial.

They also have newsletters on-line to each of their markets.

A little reading there will get you in the right direction.

Basically companies and people who have engines that are expensive enough to make oil testing inexpensive insurance use the service. This would include users of very expensive engines: airplanes, locomotives, powerplants, over-the-road trucks, and so on; and it would include users of very expensive lubricants where the cost of replacing it makes testing it regularly worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back