ExxonMobil and CAT Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Through cooperative research, our teams have designed and produced lubricants that meet Caterpillar's high performance standards,"

[ September 22, 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

I second the nomination for Schaeffers,,the lubricant will meet,AND exceed Cats specs,along with other engine/trans/hydralic equip. builders,,,BL

Hi,
'Vette - thanks for the linkage

It is interesting to note this is a continuance of a 10 year long association between one of the original equipment Manufacturers who established a minimum lubricant specification for their products decades ago, and an Oil co. (XoM)!
Technical collaboration is truely a part of that of course

CAT had their own lubricant standards in the 1930s and they were reliably used by many people 50-60 years ago in other applications - with great success! I was one of those users!!
They were an early user of UOA to ensure equipment reliability (especially in the marine field) and I first used them in that regard over 30 years ago

CAT is a Company with a most enviable reputation - one that the US should be proud of

I also have a Son (3) who is an indentured employee. They are a great staff trainer and still a US icon of excellent technology and of innovation

They got that way by working closely with their suppliers on Quality Control, warranty and end user satisfaction - and performance in the field

The continuing linkage with Xom is no doubt part of that!

I have never owned a CAT engine or a piece of their equipment but I have had a lot of exposure to it in very harsh operating situations
I respect the name and their achievements!
worshippy.gif

Doug

I agree Doug. Cat has an excellent reputation with a variety of equipment... Their fuel injection plant is less than 3 miles from where I sit and several other facilities within 60 miles of here including ther HO.

[ September 22, 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back