Where to find ASTM test results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking into different gear oils for a customer that has been having reoccuring problems with some newer parallel shaft gear reducers. I am trying to compare ASTM test results of various oils. The smaller manufacturers seem to have more complete listings of these results while the larger oil companies selectively leave out some of the test results.

Is this done on purpose? Is there some organization that independently performs these tests and publishes the results?

There are many testing labs around the country that perform ASTM tests on lubricants and greases.

I can't speak for other companies but my obeservation of Schaeffer's is that they publish every spec and ASTM result known to man with regard to their oils:

For example

http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/268.html

[ October 23, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

If you're interested, a buddy of mine owns Ann Arbor Testing & Development Co. He does a lot of four ball testing and various other tests (friction, shear, start/stop), and belongs to STLE. I do some scanning electron microscopy for him. He has very low overhead, so his pricing may be attractive. His address: jdomeierATprovideDOTnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back