Esso LT-71141

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transmission in my Audi uses G 052 162 A2 which is Esso LT-71141. This oil is impossible to find except from the dealer.
Are there any other ATF out there that I can use as replacement without harming the transmission?

Do us a favor. Find the product data sheet Here

I could find no product data sheet for Esso LT in Norway or anywhere eles
dunno.gif

-

That was from the latest Amsoil catalog for 2/1/06. Apparently Amsoil has now completed the testing of their Universal ATF for Esso LT71141 and several Mercedes specs. No wonder BMWtechguy was able to use it on several BMWs without any problems.
pat.gif

If you're going to switch to this fluid, drop the pan, change the filter, clean the magnet, refill, then do a DIY flush through the cooler lines to flush out as much of the old fluid as possible. You can do this by unhooking the return line from the cooler, starting the car to allow 2 qts to come out, replacing the lost fluid, and repeating the process until the fluid comes out red. (Should take 10-12 qts total, including the pan drop/filter change).

The Esso LT71141 OEM fluid is yellow, unlike the red color of Amsoil.
 -

[ February 12, 2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Michael Wan ]

Gary, I have no interest buying this oil in barrels from ExxonMobil
smile.gif

Michael Wan, great information but Amsoil is difficult to find here.
unDummy, thanx, I searched with the -. My wrong
smile.gif

Seems like Valvoline Mercon V and Pennzoil/QS Multi-Vehicle ATF can be used.

Ok. Thanx for the information. I've decided to give QS Multi-Vehicle ATF a try the next 40,000 km.

Well, bar1, I wasn't suggesting a bulk purchase ..but any XOM product has got to have a PDS on the site ...or rather ..one would expect the producer of a product to have a product data sheet. They have product data sheets for any product ..for any nation in both English and the coutry's language ...

..but apparently NOT for this one.

The PDS (or facsimily of one) that Michael found is apparently eastern European (.ru
confused.gif
)

The Texas ZF trans parts distributor lists these manuf. part numbers:

Esso ATF LT 71141 in acc. with ZF Order Specification ZFB 838

=>Audi Oil No. G 052 162A1
=>BMW Oil No. 8 322 940 7807
=>Citrogen Oil No. Z 000 169 756
=>Jaguar Oil No. JLM 20238
=>Mercedes Benz Oil No. A 001 989 2203
=>Peugot Oil No. Z 000 169 756
=>Porsche Oil No. 999 917 547 00

ZF Oil Reference Guide

JAGGI IMPORT EXPORT, INC.

Check with Redline. I think they'll recommend their D4 ATF as suitable to replace this fluid. If you're within the warranty period, or still covered by an extended warranty, don't use any ATF with the red dye...check mail order sources for the real stuff.

Ken

I used the OEM fluid when I did a fluid swap since I am still in warranty.

Any benefits on switching over to the *amsoil synthetic* as opposed to the OEM Semi-Synthetic fluid. From other posts I've read on the 71141 fluid, it is HIGHLY recommended to stick with the 71141 and the ZF trannies.

I used to own 1997 A4. If you can afford an Audi,surely you can afford the fluids from the dealers? My advice, don't skimp when it comes down to your super sensitive Audi Trans. You won't be changing the fluid often, so why don't you just do it right? I just don't understand people who own BMW,MB,Audi,Porsche and complain that they couldn't find the specific fluids.How the dealer will charge them up the yinyang for the service. Duh!Didn't you know that you gotta open your wallet wide after you bought a premium car? If you can't afford it,get a honda or a toyota. Quite whining and bite the bullet!

Thanks for the information posted here. I changed the ATF today. Refilled ~2.8 liters with ATF temperature at 40C.
I chickened out and used the Audi stuff
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back