Bypass filters on trannies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to install a remote filter setup on my 2000 Excursion but I'd also like to install a bypass system along with it. Frantz says their bypass filter will work with trannies but I'd prefer to stay away from the paper element style.

So, does anyone use a bypass system with their trannies and what type? Any reccomendations? Problems?

Thanks!

W

I know several people that have a by-pass on their transmission. They are using Amsoil. Problem is its only getting part of the oil. I also don't believe there is much flow.

I would rather see a full flow filter set-up where all the transmission fluid is filtered through filter.

I have a link to a real good setup that someone sells. Bob doesn't like non-advertisers to link here is pic of it. pm me for details:
 -

Personal opinion is that a bypass filter on a transmission is probably severe overkill.
I've run a Dodge van for about 140,000 miles on AMSOIL synthetic ATF. When the body fell apart, I pulled a sample from the transmission. Still suitable for continued use--only "high" reading was on copper, which was 2 ppm over the recommended for 15-25,000 miles of use.

quote:

Originally posted by Weatherlite:
I'd like to install a remote filter setup on my 2000 Excursion but I'd also like to install a bypass system along with it. Frantz says their bypass filter will work with trannies but I'd prefer to stay away from the paper element style.

So, does anyone use a bypass system with their trannies and what type? Any reccomendations? Problems?

Thanks!

W

Thanks for pm yesterday, though it seems that you have your account set up to not recieve PM's. also you don't have an email address in your profile and you didn't put one on the PM. So I have no way to respond to your question.

Anyhow, if you would like to send me a direct email from your email, mine is [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back