Sloppy steering on 2016 Huyndai Sonata Eco - normal or a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a 2011 Kia Optima in the spring of 2012. I had to take the car back to the dealer three times to cure the wandering. They checked the tire pressure, balanced the tires and did an alignment. What cured the problem was a change in the setting for the steering. It was changed from normal to sport. Problem finally solved and it has been fine since.

Originally Posted by cb450sc
I purchased a 2011 Kia Optima in the spring of 2012. I had to take the car back to the dealer three times to cure the wandering. They checked the tire pressure, balanced the tires and did an alignment. What cured the problem was a change in the setting for the steering. It was changed from normal to sport. Problem finally solved and it has been fine since.

Not a great solution imo. Now you don't have normal settings available w/o wandering. My brother's car also wanders less in sport mode. But that also ups the force to move the steering wheel. So that's a work around to me....not a solution. And no help to the Mrs. who has trouble with the added steering force needed to make turns. I think he'll be heading back to the dealer again. He's been there once already and then basically ignored the issue, calling it normal.

Last edited:

What does this mean?

An alignment setting for a sport equipped car, a physical button, what?

Originally Posted by JustinH

What does this mean?

An alignment setting for a sport equipped car, a physical button, what?

It is a computer setting for the steering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back