2005 Chevy Silverado 5.3 vortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the part on the intake that the PVC hose hooks to called? Is it removable/replaceable? In center of pic.

plasticweld2.jpg

I've been looking for a while for you. I can't see to find it called out as a specific part. Did you need one? I probably have a couple of them lying around on some 4.8 or 5.3 intakes. I can try to see if it is removable for you and or if you need the part PM me.

Really need to know if it threads on or what, the truck I'm working on, it is just sitting on top the intake and might need one but I'll have to talk to the owner of the truck. It was silicone on and block off with a bolt, I have looked for hours and haven't found it online myself. Thanks

I am not sure you can get one. I seem to remember some guys getting the whole Dorman intake for 80.00 bucks.

I was told by a local that he believes it will come out with quarter turn, just need to get the piece out. For now I had just punched a 1/8 inch thick cork gasket and have the top bracket holding it in place, 600 miles on it today and so far so good. But just a temp fix as she had to travel 800 miles or so today towing loaded trailer with it. Thanks Mike nd Red Hat

It's not removable, Manifold replacement is the only correct repair. 2003-2006 4.8L/5.3L/6.0L all interchange, Do not buy a 1999-2002 manifold as the PCV fresh air plumbing is different. You have a '99-'02 manifold pictured.

Thanks Clinebarger, I found that pic online and wasn't sure what year it was but it had the piece that is in question. Guess I'll break the news to her when I see her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back