Bought a used Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been keeping an eye on Facebook, Craigslist and a few used car sites for a 2010-2012 Ford Fusion and today i found one and bought it at a dealership.

2011 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L auto- One Owner that bought vehicle at this particular dealership and traded it in for a new Ford Escape.

40500 miles. Oil changed at 5000 miles religiously and documented by service records and CARFAX. 8 oil changes.

Transmission fluid was changed at 30K miles.

Car comes with new Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring tires which seem to be fairly quiet, i will likely wear them out and replace with better tires.

New brake pads were installed at 30K miles at customers request.

I paid $8K out the door tax/title/license and doc fees.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice find! You won't be disappointed. Gen 1.5 Fusions are great cars and overall very reliable. Parts are also very abundant. Sounds like it was maintained well, so you have a good jumping-off point.

Welcome to the family!

My 2007 Fusion 2.3 has 235K and has been very reliable. No increased oil consumption since nearly new and the drive train performs as well as when first purchased.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I rented a Fusion and was very impressed. You did well; enjoy your beautiful car!

I also did - from Avis. I loved it.

You found a NICE, very, VERY affordable example!

Nice find. I'm selling my 2011 Fusion SE with 125k, had PP/PUP between 19k and 123k, now has Ravenol DXG in it. Amsoil ATL in the tranny, did coolant and thermostat at 99k. Most of the time, it averages around 34mpg with how I drive. I'm selling it to a friend for $5500... because even with good tires on it, I just miss Subaru AWD in the snow around here.

That being said, it's been a mechanically awesome car. It's still got the original front brake pads with over 1/8" pads and rotors still are smooth, but it has an affinity for eating the driver's rear pads and rotor. It's on the third set of rear pads, but other than that NOTHING has broken. Just regular, intelligent maintenance. It's even on only the 2nd set of tires! If it had been a Sport with AWD I'd likely still be keeping it. The 2.5 is one beast of an engine; not very powerful but easy on oil and just runs, and returns pretty good mileage as well. I'd say that car will easily last you another 200+k miles with minimal maintenance. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Nice find. I'm selling my 2011 Fusion SE with 125k, had PP/PUP between 19k and 123k, now has Ravenol DXG in it. Amsoil ATL in the tranny, did coolant and thermostat at 99k. Most of the time, it averages around 34mpg with how I drive. I'm selling it to a friend for $5500... because even with good tires on it, I just miss Subaru AWD in the snow around here.

Selling it, huh? I predict you're going to miss it down the road.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
That being said, it's been a mechanically awesome car. It's still got the original front brake pads with over 1/8" pads and rotors still are smooth, but it has an affinity for eating the driver's rear pads and rotor. It's on the third set of rear pads, but other than that NOTHING has broken. Just regular, intelligent maintenance. It's even on only the 2nd set of tires! If it had been a Sport with AWD I'd likely still be keeping it. The 2.5 is one beast of an engine; not very powerful but easy on oil and just runs, and returns pretty good mileage as well. I'd say that car will easily last you another 200+k miles with minimal maintenance. Enjoy!

I agree on the brakes. I just did my rears a few months back because the driver's side rear brakes had started exhibiting metal-on-metal behavior. I was right - the D/S rear inboard pad was all the way down to the metal, while the outboard had about 1/4" left. Those pads were on the car for at LEAST 85,000 miles, and most likely much longer. From what I can tell, the fronts have quite a bit of life left on them, but I'll be doing a full check soon when I replace the front (original) strut assemblies.

Nice! The 2.5 is good. Underpowered in my Escape because I'm used to V8s or big 6s but it's gonna last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back