Dealing with depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Boredom sometimes causes depression.

Same old thing everyday and they (not OP) get stuck in a rut and start to get blue.

I'd definitely agree with that.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Well folks, i found i need to be taking 5000 i.u.'s of vitamin D according to the doctor. My cholesterol is way lower as well as he took me off that medication. I have been doing more situps and pushups and started lifting. Havent had a beer since last Thursday and been running some this week also. Never realised how much i like experimenting with different veggies in smoothies also. Thanks for the help BITOGERS
smile.gif

Adam
I'm in a gift-giving mood today. You 're supposed to be taking Vitamin D3. If your doctor told you otherwise, it may be a mistake. I would double-check that with him. You can do it over the phone and without needing another appointment.
Also, 5K of D3 should not be permanent. When your next test begins to detect D3-normalcy, cut that dose back to 1K per day. Buy soft-gels. A lifetime dose of 5K won;t kill you and the stuff is removed from your body rather easily. But I still would not take a dose that high for long. All our bodies really need is 600-800ml's of D3 per day.

Also, this gift I have says to get your Potassium checked. That may need a significant boost also. I suggest starting-off with a couple bananas and a well-rounded, palm-sized ratio of raisins every day. Buy the biggest bag you can find and keep the bag sealed.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Well folks, i found i need to be taking 5000 i.u.'s of vitamin D according to the doctor. My cholesterol is way lower as well as he took me off that medication. I have been doing more situps and pushups and started lifting. Havent had a beer since last Thursday and been running some this week also. Never realised how much i like experimenting with different veggies in smoothies also. Thanks for the help BITOGERS
smile.gif

Adam
I'm in a gift-giving mood today. You 're supposed to be taking Vitamin D3. If your doctor told you otherwise, it may be a mistake. I would double-check that with him. You can do it over the phone and without needing another appointment.
Also, 5K of D3 should not be permanent. When your next test begins to detect D3-normalcy, cut that dose back to 1K per day. Buy soft-gels. A lifetime dose of 5K won;t kill you and the stuff is removed from your body rather easily. But I still would not take a dose that high for long. All our bodies really need is 600-800ml's of D3 per day.

Also, this gift I have says to get your Potassium checked. That may need a significant boost also. I suggest starting-off with a couple bananas and a well-rounded, palm-sized ratio of raisins every day. Buy the biggest bag you can find and keep the bag sealed.

He wants me to take the vitamin D in winter months.

I make some pretty healthy smoothies with walnuts and almonds etc. I have a food dehydrator so i could make my own raisins
smile.gif

My potassium level is fine he said as you can go overboard on this so i have a banana once a week as i love apples

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
I took a screenshot of your post, I may look up some of those and try them. I have been listening to meditation music before bed/relaxation and/or nature sounds and trying deep breathing.

I forgot how much a sauna seems to help but I have only gotten to experience that a couple times over the years. Luckily twice this past year. My girlfriend and I are looking at getting a hot tub in the future which I think would be a nice relaxation tool also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWHRumILOOk

Originally Posted by Zee09
Again...

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/19/vitamin-d-vitamin-k2.aspx

Mercola is a [censored] quak that should be set on a boat with Dr. Oz, and sunk! He rails against rheumotolgists while hawking new age crap and homespun remedies! Both the Better Business Bureau and FDA have called him out, so please stop hawking his crap!:

Dr. Joseph Mercola Ordered
to Stop Illegal Claims

Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Joseph Mercola, D.O., who practices in Schaumburg, Illinois, also operates one of the Internet's largest and most trafficked health information sites. Since 2012, Mercola has stated that his site has over 300,000 pages and is visited by "millions of people each day" and that his electronic newsletter has over one million subscribers [1]. The site vigorously promotes and sells dietary supplements, many of which bear his name.

For many years, Dr. Mercola and other staff members saw patients at his clinic, which was called the Optimal Wellness Center. In 1999, Mercola announced that about one third of his new patients were autistic and that he had treated about 60 such children with secretin, a hormone he said "appeared to be a major breakthrough." [2] It is now well settled that secretin is ineffective against autism [3], but Mercola's Web site still says it works if a child complies with his recommended diet strategies [4].
FDA Warnings
In 2005, the FDA ordered Mercola and his Optimal Wellness Center to stop making illegal claims for products sold through his Web site [20]. The claims to which the FDA objected involved three products:

Living Fuel Rx, claimed to offer an "exceptional countermeasure" against cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, etc.
Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil, claimed to reduce the risk of heart disease and has beneficial effects against Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and many infectious agents
Chlorella, claimed to fight cancer and normalize blood pressure.
In 2006, the FDA sent Mercola and his center a second warning that was based on product labels collected during an inspection at his facility and on claims made on the Optimum Wellness Center Web site [21]. This time the claims to which the FDA objected involve four products:

Vibrant Health Research Chlorella XP, claimed to "help to virtually eliminate your risk of developing cancer in the future."
Fresh Shores Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, claimed to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, and degenerative diseases.
Momentum Health Products Vitamin K2, possibly useful in treating certain kinds of cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
Momentum Health Products Cardio Essentials Nattokinase NSK-SD, claimed to be "a much safer and effective option than aspirin and other pharmaceutical agents to treating heart disease."
The warning letters explained that the use of such claims in the marketing of these products violates the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act, which bans unapproved claims for products that are intended for curing, mitigating, treating, or preventing of diseases. (Intended use can be established through product labels, catalogs, brochures, tapes, Web sites, or other circumstances surrounding the distribution of the product.)

In 2011, the FDA ordered Mercola to stop making claims for thermography that go beyond what the equipment he uses (Medtherm2000 infrared camera) was cleared for. The warning letter said that statements on Mercola's site improperly imply that the Meditherm camera can be used alone to diagnose or screen for various diseases or conditions associated with the breast, they also represent that the sensitivity of the Meditherm Med2000 Telethermographic camera is greater than that of machines used in mammography. The statements to which the FDA objected included:

"Revolutionary and Safe Diagnostic Tool Detects Hidden Inflammation: Thermography"
"The Newest Safe Cancer Screening Tool"
"ecause measuring inflammation through thermal imaging is a proactive, preventative method you can use for detecting disease, which significantly improves your chances for longevity and good health."
Additionally, thermograms provide: "Reliable and accurate information for diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. . ."
"Yes, it's true. Thermograms provide you with early diagnosis and treatment assistance in such problems as cancer, inflammatory processes, neurological and vascular dysfunction, and musculoskeletal injury."
Thermography can benefit patients by detecting conditions including: Arthritis: "[d]ifferentiate between osteoarthritis and more severe forms like rheumatoid." Immune Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue, "Digestive Disorders: Irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, and Crohn's disease . . ." and "Other Conditions: including bursitis, herniated discs, ligament or muscle tear, lupus, nerve problems, whiplash, stroke screening, cancer and many, many others." [22]
In 2011, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mercola had not complied with the FDA's order and intended to "fight the FDA . . . if they decide to take it further." [23] However, in 2012, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation asked Mercola to attend an informal conference to discuss a complaint that he was "making deceptive claims promoting thermography as a standalone diagnostic tool for detecting cancer and other diseases and is attacking the use of mammograms." Mercola's Web site still promotes thermography and trashes mammography, but the site stopped offering thermography appointments later that year—and Mercola's special report, "The Safe Breast Cancer Screening Test Your Doctor Isn't Telling You About," is no longer apparent.
https://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
Originally Posted by Zee09
Again...

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/19/vitamin-d-vitamin-k2.aspx

Mercola is a [censored] quak that should be set on a boat with Dr. Oz, and sunk! He rails against rheumotolgists while hawking new age crap and homespun remedies! Both the Better Business Bureau and FDA have called him out, so please stop hawking his crap!

Boy I'll say. Nuts and a quack at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back