MIL vehicle suggestion $8000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe another Caravan?

Sedans are really great deals right now but if that won't work a minivan might be the next best value.

A rooftop carrier or a small trailer
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by madRiver
I mentioned that a SUV is a $2500 premium it appears over roughly equivalent sedan. It's really unfortunate wagons don't exist for her.

She has never owned a sedan in her life.

Suburban->Dodge conversion Van->Caravan x 3 -> windstar minivan -> VUE. All costing under $6000 but lasting her 100-150k with oil changes and small repairs.

She raised budget to $8k and some things cropped up but not a great price range.

She would fill the cargo area in her VUE to hilt often and take a few kids to the family ski home she owns for weekend trips. I don't think a sedan would work.

try to still look on 250 miles radius.
also find the good rebuilders.
or the serial hidden dealers that specialize in a couple models: you can catch them by the resembling background pictures
your trusty subaru mechanic?

re:mazda5: I own one and i did fill it to the gills, but i would not consider it a camping vehicle because of ground clearance.
but it is a very compact mini-minivan. it is either 6 seater with very small space or 4 seater with about 4.5 luggage if to the rooftop...

Last edited:
They ended up picking a 2010 Mazda 5 with 55k for $7k which suits there needs of 6 passengers (grandkids) in a pinch however a decent amount of cargo when they all or part of seats as they mainly just two of them.

They like how it drives. A bonus was PO dropped off missing headrest and set new all-seasons recently on it. It has 4 newish winter tires mounted.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Now couple pointers:
-blind spots left right or when backing. It may be just a bit different than the Vue.
-windshield wipers: the dealer replacement blades are pretty OK; hatch wiper , don't change the whole, just the blade....
-front tires always seem low, even at 5-10 psi over recommended
-I hope they have the 16" wheels; better for potholes/roads.
-check under right passenger seat second row...
-recall for hatch done?
-should have couple hidden pockets under plastic bits on the "trunk"'s sides
-get some tint (large glass area)
-get a good shine/cleaning/polishing on the windows: quicker snow clean
-get a long broom/snow cleaning implement:

-keep on driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back