Ducati World Première 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panigale V4R = 220+ HP in Euro4 trim, 234 HP with Race pipe/map.

[Linked Image]

https://www.superbike.co.uk/bike-tests/new-bike-news/ducati-unveils-panigale-v4r/

New (it seems) Hypermotard and Hypermotard SP

[Linked Image]

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/bikes/hypermotard/hypermotard-950

New (Highly revised?) Diavel

[Linked Image]

https://www.superbike.co.uk/bike-tests/new-bike-news/ducati-announces-new-diavel-for-2019/

Revised Multistrada

[Linked Image]

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/bikes/multistrada/multistrada-950

Revised Scramblers

New model 821 Monster (Stealth)

[Linked Image]

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/bikes/monster/monster-821

New E-Bike mountain bike.

[Linked Image]

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/mig-rr

Pictures on their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ducatimotor/

Last edited:
It's time for me to call a family meeting and let them know I'll be needing one kidney from each of them...

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
My brain strongly wants V4R, my back and bank say "are you far real"?

Ergonomics are all personal preference. I find the typical sportbike tuck to be my preferred riding position. Certainly more so than an all-weight-on-tailbone feet forward chopper.

My V4 Speciale is the most uncompromising riding position of my three sportbikes, however.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Ergonomics are all personal preference. I find the typical sportbike tuck to be my preferred riding position. Certainly more so than an all-weight-on-tailbone feet forward chopper.

My V4 Speciale is the most uncompromising riding position of my three sportbikes, however.

Agreed, at least to a point. I used to love sportbikes, thinking my RC51 and 900SSSP were quite comfortable... my bulged C7 just won't do it anymore though... I guess it is really more my neck and the accompanying loss of strength in my arm/hand from pinching the nerves than back in all fairness though...

I've got a Suzuki Hayabusa and a Yamaha XSR900. The Busa has some what of a typical "lean forward" sportbike riding position - but not as radical as some sportbikes.

The XSR has an upright riding position - it's like riding a dirt bike essentially. I've ridden both on the same day and it's night and day difference. The XSR is more enjoyable to ride for me, and it's 125 lbs lighter which makes it a great twisty back roads bike. Not that good of a long distance highway bike since it's a naked bike with no fairing or windshield.

02SE - you in the market for a used Busa in great condition?
grin2.gif
I really should sell it as I hardly ride it anymore.

Originally Posted by Andy636
It's time for me to call a family meeting and let them know I'll be needing one kidney from each of them...

lol!

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

grin2.gif

Your 'Busa is legendary. I'm not worthy to own the @11K 'Busa.
11.gif

I'd be inclined to look at it as I do my old 'Busa: Even though I don't ride it often, it's not worth enough to compel me to sell it. So I keep it around for the occasional ride.

grin2.gif

Your 'Busa is legendary. I'm not worthy to own the @11K 'Busa.
11.gif

I'd be inclined to look at it as I do my old 'Busa: Even though I don't ride it often, it's not worth enough to compel me to sell it. So I keep it around for the occasional ride.

Yeah, I'm afraid to see what it's worth on the market ... probably worth more to me than to someone else even though it just sits in the garage most of the time. Only has 15K miles on it and still looks like new.

I should add that I mainly keep it because it never fails to put a smile on my face.
grin.gif

For sure ... it's a fun bike to ride. I'm just use to the XSR now, so the Busa seems alien to me since it doesn't get ridden much anymore.

I should add that I mainly keep it because it never fails to put a smile on my face.
grin.gif

For sure ... it's a fun bike to ride. I'm just use to the XSR now, so the Busa seems alien to me since it doesn't get ridden much anymore.

The wife and I went for a ride today over fantastic mountain roads, on a couple of our sportbikes. Me on the 'Busa, her on the S1000RR. We utilized the bikes abilities and our own extensively. The only witnesses to the more spirited riding were us, and maybe a few wild animals. A cool (low of 32°F to a high of 48°F) and fantastic ride. For the amount of money I'd get out of selling the 'Busa (which has more into the engine than the bike cost new), I couldn't even buy a new CBR300.

I plan to just keep feeding it gas, oil, brake pads, and lots of tires.
grin.gif

It's up to you, but with interest in Motorcycles on the decline, especially sportbikes, and even more so a bike that lots of people can't even get insurance for, well, you're likely to get peanuts for that legendary bike.

grin.gif

The wife and I went for a ride today over fantastic mountain roads, on a couple of our sportbikes. Me on the 'Busa, her on the S1000RR. We utilized the bikes abilities and our own extensively. The only witnesses to the more spirited riding were us, and maybe a few wild animals. A cool (low of 32°F to a high of 48°F) and fantastic ride. For the amount of money I'd get out of selling the 'Busa (which has more into the engine than the bike cost new), I couldn't even buy a new CBR300.

I plan to just keep feeding it gas, oil, brake pads, and lots of tires.
grin.gif

It's up to you, but with interest in Motorcycles on the decline, especially sportbikes, and even more so a bike that lots of people can't even get insurance for, well, you're likely to get peanuts for that legendary bike.

Sounds like you and your wife had a great ride. Yeah, I hear you on selling the Busa. I might try next spring just to see what kind of action it gets. I just ran it through Kelley Blue Book and it showed $5150 for retail for "excellent condition". KBB has no mileage entry. To the right guy I might get $6000 since it only has 15K miles and in perfect condition.

Agreed, at least to a point. I used to love sportbikes, thinking my RC51 and 900SSSP were quite comfortable... my bulged C7 just won't do it anymore though... I guess it is really more my neck and the accompanying loss of strength in my arm/hand from pinching the nerves than back in all fairness though...

The most fun bike I have ever owned. When we were done with it, it make 190 rwhp @11,000
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back