Where do I buy Toto toilets? That has them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowes has them on the web, six months backordered and they keep pushing back "arrive time" date.

Toto Drake "bone" finish. elongated 1.6gpf I'm tempted to go Kohler.

Last edited:
Toto gallery in chicago,don t know if that helps,or try ferguson enterprise plumbing supply nationally. Good luck!

Originally Posted by montero1
TOTO CST744S#03 Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank, Bone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012HINDQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_l6hfCb3235RBN

Sure about that? 200 bucks for shipping and a MONTH back-order.... If Lowes can't get it, I am skeptical that these sellers can!
----------------------------------------------

What's so special about this toilet?
Toto brand produces the least defects, fully glazed trap.

--------------------------------------

Last edited:
Vern_in_IL
Here in Georgia, they are not hard to get. Toto has a plant here. I bought a Drake (1.28g) elongated ADA for the House I recently purchased. It is an outstanding performer. My second choice was the Kohler Cimmaron. Your best bet in finding one would be through a dedicated plumbing supply store. Here's a link to some choices. https://www.totousa.com/find-a-showroom

Remember paying $300 for Toto's in the early 2000's. Now there are $100 big box generic toilets that work just as well or better. Toto was the first water saving toilet that worked however.

Originally Posted by dishdude

I had a Toto toilet installed when we renovated the powder room. Uses very little water and has a swirling action that cleans the bowl very nicely. It's a really good toilet.

For what it's worth, you can get a Toto toilet and an American Standard sink in perfectly matching colours.

Very little risk of clogging(unless you live in a home or building with old plumbing) and high quality.

My parents have a Toto installed on my insistment and it has been trouble free compared to the American Standard Champion.

Before you buy a Toto, better sit on one. I believe they are often higher off the ground.
smile.gif

bobisthepoopguy

Last edited:
I believe the ADA-compliant models sit a little higher, all others are at a standard height.

Maybe 10-12 years ago, my wife and I "gave" each other 2 Toto Drakes for Christmas, 4 total. It helped to have a nephew who was a plumber so he got them at his cost and installed them. We bucked up just over $800 for them all, and they still work great with the original G-Max valves.

(B/4 I buy a Toto)... How hard is it to find replacement parts locally for Toto?
(Hence) I'm not interested in fixing my Toto, by having a brown truck deliver my Toto replacement parts.

We have 4 of them and bought them at Handy Man and I installed them myself about 10 years ago. Never had a problem with any of them. They are top of the line you get what you pay for.

This is funny, I had ordered a Drake in Sedona Beige, standard height, elongated bowl back in June for an ongoing bathroom remodel and when the shipping date got bumped a third time to January I said to heck with it, cancelled the order, and got an Entrada instead. It came in a week. 1.28 gpf seems to work just as well as 1.6, my only real problem with it is that it's that ADA/comfort height. I'm 6'3" and I don't particularly like it, prefer the lower normal height. But my short wife and little kids haven't commented on it so it'll stay. It was less than $200 delivered. Has a good "transitional" style.

jeff

"Toto Drake".....just the name conjures up performance....lol. Seriously, I have one. Never clogs....ever. I'm doing a second bath right now. If it's back ordered.....I'll wait for it.

Folks, over a year ago we had both our bathrooms remodled. I went thru hundreds of reviews on toilets available from Lowes. Wife insisted on a Kohler two button flush that had the enclosed sides as it was easier to clean. I found numerous reviews that said it left "sliders"on the bowl, and it sure enough it does. In my eyes its also ugly with its tall skinny top.
I had a Jacuzzi two button, one piece, installed in the other bath. Flushes excellently, leaves no residue. Cost from Lowes was about $180, l00 less than the Kohler. Highly recommend the Jacuzzi. Take a look at it.

Originally Posted by csandste
Remember paying $300 for Toto's in the early 2000's. Now there are $100 big box generic toilets that work just as well or better. Toto was the first water saving toilet that worked however.

Not So! The 1st and still the best especially in terms of bulk processing is the Australian Caroma. They've been at it for over 30 years and they have an almost 100% plug free record as well as an excellent repair record. They may not be that well known in North America and they do not sell through Big Box stores, but well worth investigating.

Last edited:
I think you might pick up a used one from Dorothy Gale, since she`s not in Kansas anymore. :)

A Toto is not complete without the Washlet. I got spoiled having my bum sprayed with warm water at 36000 feet while using a certain Airlines lavatory. The heated seat, uv light disinfection and auto air freshener worked very well.

I've used these toilets a fair amount. I think they are top notch.

Be sure to read the instructions. Using Ajax powder to clean may harm the smooth antibacterial finish in the bowl.

My plumber had no issues this summer obtaining and installing a pair in my home. Of course it probably cost a bit more than lowes would have charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back