I need the best penetrating oil

I find PB Blaster works great however usually if I have to loosen something I know I'm going to have to use the torch for anyway?? I'll avoid using any penetrating oil because it just catches on fire and then I have to worry about it burning wires or rubber bushings.

Last edited:
Discovered this stuff back in the late 1980's
Works every time ðŸ‘

2DF0974A-8485-4C13-A0C7-90C85BD70B88.jpeg

The project farm guy on youtube tested a bunch of penetrating oils. I always thought aero kroil was best, well the best one in that guys test was liquid wrench, and since it did what the kroil could not on a project of mine, liquid wrench is now my go to. I think the acetone and trans fluid is funny, since the acetone evaporates so fast all that is left is the trans fluid.

Isn't ATF and Acetone (50/50 mix) the best penetrating fluid by a long shot? I think Chris Fix did a video on this.

Edit: Yes it does evaporate unless you have it in a good sealed oil can.

Last edited:
At work we tested about six different types. PB Blaster, Wurth, CRC and a few others. Settled on Deep Creep, seems to work best for us.

Try your favorite oil and help it with an air chisel tipped with a blunted off pointed tip. Wail on it right in the center of the bolt letting it bounce freely. Keep the oil coming. All that vibration really breaks it loose and helps the oil get in ( supposedly). However it works it just seems to work.

This works wonders ðŸ‘🻠Also, from my years of trying just about every penetration oil on the market, nothing beats KROIL. It's expensive but worth every penny

Originally Posted by JC1
Originally Posted by super20dan
nothing beats the acetone atf 50-50 mix. just try it

+1 and it's cheap and easy to make as well.

What do you keep the acetone and atf mix in? Will it eat up the seals of a small hand oiler ?

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Back