Smart charges/time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanting to confirm my Ctek 4.3 is working like is should. I usually hook it up in the morning around 7am and check it thru out the day but it's never finished before I go to bed but is always done the next morning. So this is 15+ hours before it gets to step 7. Doesn't matter whether it's set to normal for my car or cold/AGM for my truck. It does have a chart for max time for each stage so my experience is on the short side it you add up all the time for each stage, which is 46 hours.

Here it the link to the manual
https://smartercharger.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/manual-mus-4.3.pdf

Sounds about right based on my experience with the same charger.

From the manual:

• Always check that the charger has switched to STEP 7
before leaving the charger unattended and connected for
long periods. If the charger has not switched to STEP 7
within 50 hours, this is an indication of an error. Disconnect
the charger

You are well within the 50 hour limit, so no problem I think.

HTH

Sounds normal for an automotive-sized battery... depending on its initial charge state is can take a while.

The CTEK 4.3 MUS is no fast-charger considering it max output is 4.3A (0.8A on the "motorcycle" setting), but its got a great charging scheme... just slow. I use it for everything I have. However if I'm in a rush and need something started I'll use my old boost/charger that cranks 20A+ easily and will charge in under an hour.

I can confirm with mine that I hook up nightly. I'm actually reverse charging through my trailer hitch wiring. It's pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back