Weak New CR2032/remote start + fob batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a tough time remote starting/remote unlocking the Taurus from any distance. Tried the other remote, and it is fine. Swapped batteries -- sure enough, the battery is failing.

The battery in question was just replaced -- Rayovac. I've had a lot of bad luck with batteries from stores, Amazon, eBay, etc.

Anyone have any good luck with CR2032 batteries? Perhaps I should be testing them with a voltmeter prior to installation?

I always use Duracell 2032 batteries when required and always look for the farthest in-the -future date. Never had a problem. One time I picked up one (free) from the dealer when the car indicated a low fob battery and it only lasted a few months.

I order the " coin batteries " from ebay . They are what they are . But cheap enough not to be a big deal .

I order
Originally Posted by Zee09
Same here- From Amazon they were old or junk

Same here, I ordered Panasonic and Maxell and they were all weak and didn't last very long or didn't work at all and had expiration dates well into the future, lesson learned. Now I buy all my batteries from wally and no problems.

Thanks guys, I'll check out wally and/or seek out some duracell.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
I order
Originally Posted by Zee09
Same here- From Amazon they were old or junk

Same here, I ordered Panasonic and Maxell and they were all weak and didn't last very long or didn't work at all and had expiration dates well into the future, lesson learned. Now I buy all my batteries from wally and no problems.

Yeah I got fresh Maxell's too from Amazon in the silver packaging made in Japan.
The OEM batteries lasted 5 years. The Maxells lasted 7 months... from Amazon

I usually buy my 2032 batteries from Harbor Freight, $3.99 per 4-pack if I remember correctly. I've had some bad ones, but mostly they are good. Cheap enough to toss the bad ones with nothing more than a shrug...

Last edited:
I get them from eBay. Energizers seem to be in the 3.30-3.35 range. I've also tried Sony, Duracell, but they were lower at 3.25. Just the luck of the draw sometimes. Get the ones that expire the latest. Usually I end up with a 10 pack. They're used in a bunch of other things too.

Your Taurus doesn't warn you the battery in the FOB is getting low? My Journey warned me. I thought that was a nice feature.

I replaced mine with an Energizer because I wasn't near home at the time it warned me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JMJNet
I have good luck wih Sony CR2032.
I just ordered some of these from Amazon. Hopefully they are reasonably fresh.

I have been using the Energizer brand. Work well and last.

I ordered 10 from Amazon, nice and fresh, about 70¢ each and have used sever for other things with great results thus far.

Originally Posted by Balrog006

I ordered 10 from Amazon, nice and fresh, about 70¢ each and have used sever for other things with great results thus far.

Same here. I bought a 4-pack last month. Package says "use by 2028". Voltage out of the box was 3.248. No complaints.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back