Cordless Rachet Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by user52165
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...0Ah-Battery-2457-20-48-11-2420/306636225

Now with a battery on sale.

It's a good deal for $99 but for someone who doesn't own any battery compatible Milwaukee tools, it comes without a charger so that is an additional cost. I like the Husky for the DIY/Backyard mechanic, comes with a 34 piece socket set and case, 2 year warranty which can be extended at the time of purchase.

^ What a long link. Whew! You can shorten that up by Inserting a Link option in the full editor. Once there, the 5th last option next to the white envelope. Has a globe with a paperclip in the icon pic. Then follow the prompts.

Better?
thumbsup2.gif

Ratchet

Originally Posted by Rick505
Better?
thumbsup2.gif

Ratchet

While I have my doubts regarding the battery, versus, say, the Milwaukee M12 version, it's a great deal for a casual user.

Originally Posted by user52165
That's easy......................3/8" Unless you work on trucks or something big, where it would be 1/2". Assuming this is your first one. 1/4" is useful as a secondary tool but 3/8" should be your primary.

While I agree that 3/8 is primary, anyone serious about diy should have a good 1/4 set, perhaps higher quality than the 3/8! And learn to use it!

Doing jobs with 1/4 is just smaller, lighter and thus less fatiguing. I did an alternator replacement on my BMW with 1/4 sockets only and after that I was sold. I'll always reach for 1/4" first if I can.

Originally Posted by Rick505
I see this as a special buy, perhaps today only, for $49.....Does appear you need to plug in tool to recharge.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1...and-Carrying-Case-H38CPRAT34PC/305332588
I just ordered one for store pick up. I understand this not heavy duty like topic, but for the price and all that's included worth a try. 2 year warranty, if I don't like it 90 days to return. Won't be picking it up today though, a real mess here. As an aside, see this went FP on slickdeals, doubt these will last long at this price.

I bought this cheap one to see if I would like it. Been using it more and more working on bikes and cars out in the garage. I'm sure it wouldn't hold up in daily use, but so far I like it.

VonHaus

Last edited:
I bought the Husky. Seems solid. A bit heavy. Haven't used it yet.

Originally Posted by MechanicGuy
I had a 3/8" Earthquake with 12V Lithium battery. I don't use it too often, but so far, it works fine for me.
https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-m...eme-torque-ratchet-wrench-kit-63538.html
Some more options here...

$130 for the Harbor Freight with no sockets.

At $50 for the Husky with 2 yr guarantee, 90 day return policy from Home Depot, case, 24 sockets with lifetime guarantee on the sockets, is a great deal.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648

$130 for the Harbor Freight with no sockets.

At $50 for the Husky with 2 yr guarantee, 90 day return policy from Home Depot, case, 24 sockets with lifetime guarantee on the sockets, is a great deal.

I bought this a year ago for around $100 with coupon. But at $49, the Husky one is a super good deal.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Anyone have the ac Delco one?

ordered it. holy cow it's huge

IMG_20181216_101217.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back