Confused on what oil to use on my 2016 s5 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Europe they use Castrol euro spec but that's hard to find here .

So what should I use. I wanna go based on actual tests....

Pup
Pp
Castrol edge
M1 ep or m1
Liquid moly which type ?
Motul. Whixh type?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wantboost

Pup
Pp
Castrol edge
M1 ep
Liquid moly which type ?
Motul. Whixh type?

Is there even a M1 EP in 0w40? The European Car Formula is just a regular M1 0w40 not an EP.

I find that Castrol Euro 0w40 at most Napa's I go in and that would be my choice. You don't get exponentially more protection from the LiquiMolys and Motuls so to me it's just a waste.

Originally Posted by jayg

Pup
Pp
Castrol edge
M1 ep
Liquid moly which type ?
Motul. Whixh type?

Is there even a M1 EP in 0w40? The European Car Formula is just a regular M1 0w40 not an EP.

I find that Castrol Euro 0w40 at most Napa's I go in and that would be my choice. You don't get exponentially more protection from the LiquiMolys and Motuls so to me it's just a waste.

Or even regular m1 .
How can I tell if its Castro euro spec is that how its labelled??

Originally Posted by dave1251
Use the one on sale which meets VW 502.00.

Bingo.

Last edited:
Canadian Tire has Castrol 0w-40 on sale once in a while, just get it when on sale, 2-3 jugs at once.
I always keep at least 6-12 months worth of oil changes stock as it allows me to wait and buy oil on sale.

The CA could easily be interpreted as California, but dubber09 is right, just watch the specials at Canadian Tire, or even Partsource. NAPA Canada can come up with some good deal, too.

Best times in Canada to buy oil are usually black Friday and boxing day. Actually Canadian Tire has Pennzoil platinum 5w-40 European formula on sale for $32 and change sale ends tonight.

They still have the Pennzoil rebate on for $10 for a 5 liter jug until the end of Dec.

I'm using up my stash I built up over the past few years and will be ready to restock come next fall.

Owners manual says stock weight is 0w40 5w30 or 5w40 .
Any idea what is used from factory for canada

Owners manual says stock weight is 0w40 5w30 or 5w40 .
Any idea what is used from factory for canada

S5 factory fill is probably Castrol 0W30 or 5W30. For a long time S models were coming filled with 0W30 Castrol.
I would use Castrol 0W40 or M1 0W40 FS. But, you can find online anything pretty much.

Originally Posted by JC1
Actually Canadian Tire has Pennzoil platinum 5w-40 European formula on sale for $32 and change sale ends tonight.

I had plans to pick up several jugs of the 5W40 but life got in the way and missed the sale
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back