200,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit it right as I was filling up in Gladstone Missouri at QT!

_20181211_182527.JPG

_20181211_182456.JPG

DSC_0236.JPG

20180427_215642.jpg

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Congratulations. So you did it with 0w20 oil? Blasphemy!
laugh.gif

I agree.
That car probably burns more oil than fuel.

Yep! Though 0w20 Redline is like a grade thicker. Before that was 0w20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with LM Ceratec and before that was Castrol Magnatec with Lubegard Biotech. The PUP is cleaner than Magnatec but magnatec flows better and is thicker on Hths spec but not thicker than Redline.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Hit it right as I was filling up in Gladstone Missouri at QT!
See my signature.

Congrats! Nice that you did it on a CVT too which shows both the durability of the Honda CVT's combined with your regular fluid changes means it can last the test of time.
thumbsup2.gif

Looking forward to 200K more!
20.gif

I kinda hope that you can keep that Civic long enough to compete with harry j's 1993 Civic in terms of miles and reliability. Last I checked he was at 524k+ miles.

CVT fluid was upgrade to Redline. Had Castrol Transmax and its great for the money. Either or are highly recommended over oem for HCF2 spec fluid. Now to Megan Racing downpipe and SuperTech aftermarket valve springs and a 35 shot NOS.

Congrats!! That's in good condition too.
Be proud of yourself for this milestone.
cheers3.gif

Are you the original owner and if you are, how did you put all those miles on in such a short time?

Last edited:
I just bought a used 15 Civic LX Honda Certified with only 22K miles. So do you change the CVT fluid yourself, and how often? I'm looking forward to many years of service from my Civic.

I would use Gumout Regane fuel system cleaner every oil change interval too. Have them spray out your throttle at every spark plug change. Use non ethanol gas ot QT gas as much as possible. Change coolant every 60-80k.Brake fluid every 120k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back