Battery Woofed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inevitable happened this morning. The AAP Silver in the Ranger (Circa 2/2014) died.
On a positive note, the DieHard Portable Power Jumpstarter that I purchased on Black Friday ($29.99@ Menards) did a wonderful job getting Bubba the Truck started at 5:55 AM.
I considered the popular $49. Wally World special. Not offered in a Group 58. The only 58 offered was the Plus, and that was more $ than the 3 year battery. Looked at Sams Club site, and their offering was even more $ than Wally.
Considered Costco, but since I was headed to Canton this morning, decided that I didn't want to go on a scavenger hunt to find one. Besides, I wanted a Pitt Penn this time, as both of the JC batteries that I have, leak in a manner that would make an Exide blush.
Got on the net and discovered a really nice value battery. Ended up at Family Farm and Home and purchased a PP under their own label $20. off. Made the price $63.89 OTD.
Found the store closest to the area I was headed (Alliance) and stopped in. Had 4 Group 59's, with the oldest on the shelf being dated last month. I went around to the back of the battery display and after jostling the stall mats they had hanging off the back, grabbed one of the 2 dated 12/18. Can't get much fresher than that.
Worst part was installing the battery in the parking lot on a cold day. I always keep a set of tools in the back of the cab.
We'll see how it goes, but that is a nice price for a battery with a 30 month warranty. Even at regular price, that appears to be a decent battery for the money.

ONLY THREE companies actually manufacture ALL batteries, prolly to different specs. i believe EastPenn may be the only USA manufacturer. like everything else battery prices are NUTS!!! girlfriends group 47 is 5 yrs on + not so peppy so looking in that direction. your price was good even if it only goes 3 yrs as most atre a buck or more!! thats a group 47.

What is a PP battery??

Pitt Penn ?? Who makes it?? Would make sense if it was a East Penn battery.

Last edited:
East Penn. Confused the name with the oil company. My bad.

Yeah I kind of figured it was a EP battery... You actually did great for that price. Seriously. That's a whale of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back