Buying VW still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you buy a 2015 VW, I think $6000 of list Price. With Brand new tires, change new brakes and fluid. New Battery. wiper blades, oil & FILTER, TRAN. fluid & filter change, with 160,000 miles warranty. And 625 miles before you need fuel.

My opinion on VW/Audi hasn't changed much over the years. I have had good and bad experiences with them. I thought they were getting better, but it appears not. The whole diesel-gate thing was kind of surprising to me, but it didn't really make me any less likely to buy their car. I believe every manufacturer has skeletons in the closet.

I would still lease a VW or Audi, I appreciate the way they drive and I like their style. I would not buy one for long term ownership.

I shy away from cars that are made over seas . I have also heard German cars are really expensive to repair ?

We did buy a Nissan Leaf & like it . Sadly , it was totaled . :-(

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Same goes with Pinto.

If you look at the actual death rates rather than Fake News, the Pinto was really no more dangerous than any other US-made small car of its era. They were all deathtraps.

That you keep posting about it merely makes those of us who know what we're talking about believe that you don't know what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I shy away from cars that are made over seas . I have also heard German cars are really expensive to repair ?

We did buy a Nissan Leaf & like it . Sadly , it was totaled . :-(

For clarity they made mostly just over border in Puebla Mexico and the Altas/Passat in TN. A select few models are made overseas in Germany, the balance in North America.

Last edited:
Just wondering why owners of new VW's bought them. For me I'll never own another VW or any product sold under VW Group because their decision to purposely defraud the customer. For me it's not that the emissions were worse than advertised, but that they knew about it and chose to hide it.

So when an owner removes a cat or mods the EGR causing increased emissions it's not an issue, but when a large corporation does it, it is? BTW, I have a 159,000 mile '15 Jetta Hybrid that runs great.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Just wondering why owners of new VW's bought them. For me I'll never own another VW or any product sold under VW Group because their decision to purposely defraud the customer. For me it's not that the emissions were worse than advertised, but that they knew about it and chose to hide it.

So when an owner removes a cat or mods the EGR causing increased emissions it's not an issue, but when a large corporation does it, it is? BTW, I have a 159,000 mile '15 Jetta Hybrid that runs great.

I'd be fine with it. VW, like literally everyone else, should have left the power mods to the end consumer, rather than doing them themselves and putting the results in the sales brochure for competitive edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back