post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV - 87k miles. Did a pan drop, filter change, and refill.
Out- probably factory fill - bought car used last year with 66k miles and I doubt fluid was ever changed.
In- Napa brand Dexron VI.

Also installed aftermarket pan with extra fluid capacity and a drain plug to make future service much easier.

Just did another 3 quart of Idemisu Type H Plus . 3 quarts out and 3 quarts in.. I still gatta put my new ATP / MAGENFINE ATF Filter in... Its crazy how much dirt them things catch / get out of your system.

Originally Posted by David1
Just did another 3 quart of Idemisu Type H Plus . 3 quarts out and 3 quarts in.. I still gatta put my new ATP / MAGENFINE ATF Filter in... Its crazy how much dirt them things catch / get out of your system.

How do you like the Idemitsu fluid? I used it in wifey's 2006 TSX. Definitely pulls better, especially at lower speeds around town.

06 Infiniti FX45. 180K on the car, 60K on the Nissan Matic S ATF. Came out discolored, but smelled ok. I do a fair amount of long distance trailer towing - frequently through mountains. Replaced with more Matic S. Probably the last change it will ever get - but who knows.

I put about 12 clean quarts in using the atf cooler lines. I also replaced the radiator as a preventative measure against the strawberry milkshake of death that sometimes happens to Nissans and Hondas of this vintage.

Last edited:
Re: the Syntrax. Where was this stuff bought. Just wondering. I've only seen it when browsing OE/OEM sites and not all places seem to offer Syntrax 75-90

2017 Kia Sportage EX 2.4L
Transmission service
Out: factory filled, believe it's Kia type4 / SP-IV
In: BG premium atf + bg atc at a dealer
Happy so far

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 93k+ miles

Out: single drain (from drain plug); approx 3.3 qts Pennzoil Platinum LV

In: 3.3 qts Pennzoil Platinum LV

Did not measure when taking out, but 3.3 qts brought it to middle of dipstick marks (same as it always does).

2011 Infiniti G37, 95K miles.

Full flush (12 quarts) was done at 71K using Genuine Nissan Matic-S.

This time I performed a drain and refill. The drain plug was removed for more than 24 hours since the engine was receiving various repairs.

I refilled with approx 4.5 qt of Matic-S and set the fluid level at 104F, and approximately .3 qt overflowed. So 4.2 qt was used for drain and refill.

8B8CAC4C-0559-4FC0-B605-CB4B5272CDC8.jpeg

09202DF6-CEE1-47F6-B8D5-DC8CABB8FB79.jpeg

Drain and refill 4.5 quarts out of the 2015 Kia Sorento at 60K. Used Kia Type 4 fluid. Also completed a drain and refill at 30K. Now that I am out of warranty, will most likely go to a different ATF fluid. Doing the research now but kicking around MaxLife or Amsoil.

2003 Mustang with the 4R70W and the 3.8L engine. Dropped the pan, changed the filter (Motorcraft) and added 4qts of Havoline Mercon V and 1qt of Motorcraft Mercon V. I found the dipstick tube plug in the pan (which was VERY clean) so it was probably the first pan drop in its life. It has 168K on it and the GF bought it with 130K. It was definitely taken care of as the fluid was still decently red.

OK guys 1st post. 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali. 171,300 mi. 8sp trans. I just did a pan drop, filter and refill with Amzoil Signature fuel efficient ATF. Also did the same thing 50K miles ago. The old fluid looked and smelled fine, it was just a little darker shade of red. So far I'm happy with Amzoil.

Originally Posted by tuffguy55
OK guys 1st post. 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali. 171,300 mi. 8sp trans. I just did a pan drop, filter and refill with Amzoil Signature fuel efficient ATF. Also did the same thing 50K miles ago. The old fluid looked and smelled fine, it was just a little darker shade of red. So far I'm happy with Amzoil.

Welcome!

That's a lot of miles for a '15

Originally Posted by tuffguy55

Wow! Quite a bit of miles! What do you do? The only person I know with a 15 Tahoe with more miles than that does private transportation of some sort. He's got well over 200k miles. No idea what ATF he's using but still on the original transmission as well. He uses whatever 0w-20 he can find and yes, it burns oil a lot lol.

Last edited:
True, Lots of miles but I really enjoy this vehicle. I use it to field service airport equipment throughout the midwest. Its mostly highway miles. In the first year i had several problems: bad torque converter, bad radiator, bad a/c condenser, but seems to be ironed out now. Burns no oil.

Newly acquired 2010 F-150 4x4:

Out: FF?

In: Mag 1 LV + LG platinum/ Motorcraft filter(7.5 qts)

Also did transfer case with Same fluid combo, the fluid didn't look too bad.

Transmission was time consuming but glad I did it! Drain/fills through the fill plug for a while now ☺ï¸

97,561 miles

1993 Volvo 240, AW70 transmission. 20k OCI, 160,300 miles on the transmission.

Out: Castrol Syntex MV, cooler line exchange, 10.5 quarts
In: same
Remote transmission filter replaced, XG12

The used fluid was exceptionally clean. I'm thinking of awaking UOA at 20k and extending the drain based on results.

Sam

Back