Donaldson P550335 - good for 10k or 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a P550335, made in Indonesia, its got 99% efficiency with 40 microns. Cellulose media, nothing to write home about.

I know Donaldson filters have good reputation here but I've found no reviews about this particular model that I have right now.

Could I use this filter for at least 10k mi or should I treat it similarly with a Toyota OEM filter (manual calls for oil change at 7k mi... I'm not replacing my oil yet since its a Delvac1)

I'm actually at the 7k mi mark now at 7 months since last oil change.. thinking if I should just replace the filter or keep trucking on.. oil is a Delvac1 5w40

Last edited:
I'm not sure their cellulose base filters are that much better than anything else. Now,their Endurance/Blue line is a different story, I would rate them with the best (FG Stratapore Nano, RP, even the Ultras). I would think 10K should be doable, though-maybe post a few pics? I don't remember seeing many of those.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I'm not sure their cellulose base filters are that much better than anything else. Now,their Endurance/Blue line is a different story, I would rate them with the best (FG Stratapore Nano, RP, even the Ultras). I would think 10K should be doable, though-maybe post a few pics? I don't remember seeing many of those.
Sorry I could not provide cut open pictures, since I already plugged it in my diesel, not a big filter, but its the same size as the OEM toyota
[Linked Image]

Here's the OEM filter I found on the internet for comparison
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Linctex
Can you get Fram XG filters there?

I think a Fram XG16 would thread right onto there

Cross referencing the P550335 you'd get a fram XG3614 or a Baldwin BT223 (which I have)... Fortunately there was a sale nearby and I got the Ultra's bigger brother.. the XG3600, which I would definitely use to the full extended drain.

Originally Posted by leoblack9
I got the Ultra's bigger brother.. the XG3600, which I would definitely use to the full extended drain.

I saw the "haul" you made in your other thread - - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back