What filter ? Mazda 6 2007, 2.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

What transmission filter do you recommend for a 2007 Mazda 6 with the 2.3 and the 5 speed auto?
First auto trans ever and I'm lost.

I'll be buying from Rockauto only.

Thanks!

Ok for the Wix, but is it really worth its price? It's like twice the price of others.
[Linked Image]

FDEB797B-9355-4178-B886-A0122C2C9F45.jpeg

Don't know if it is worth the difference or not. I just don't run cheap filters. I have a fram ultra 3614 oil filter on my zero-turn lawnmower.

In your application, wix is the quality filter i recognize. Others may be okay, buy i'm not familiar with them, hence my recommendation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
Don't know if it is worth the difference or not. I just don't run cheap filters. I have a fram ultra 3614 oil filter on my zero-turn lawnmower.

In your application, wix is the quality filter i recognize. Others may be okay, buy i'm not familiar with them, hence my recommendation.

Agreed. Price differential here is $20ish.
The additional cost is inconsequential for something you do once every several years.

Excellent then, go for the Wix!
The filter goes inside the pan, not too complicated to change but there are 20 screws and the gasket doesn't inspire much confidence
laugh.gif

I'm going to change the pan too, it's rusty, and I already have a new one on hand (with 20 new OEM screws and a new drain plug, the part guy suggested to reuse the magnet, was going to buy a new one).

As for the oil, I was thinking Maxlife ATF simply, pretty much all I can find locally. Otherwise Rockauto has some Aisin fluid ?

I've used ATPs in my vehicles' transmissions without any issues. Both vehicles are north of 140K miles.

Last edited:
Ok, soI finally took the Wix, to save on shipping. The Beck Arnley was apparently in a different warehouse than the rest of my order. Will report after the change is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back